Topic: Beatles fans

Check this link out.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/0 … index.html

Apple  and EMI are releasing all Beatles albums digitally remastered.
They should sell a few.

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Re: Beatles fans

Cool link Kap, we go to a Beatles event every year and it's a blast, Last year The Repeatles
from Sweden and Abby Road from Nova Scotia were the hi-lites. They have 10 to 12 bands that start at 12 noon and play till 2 am and do everything Beatles. It really is a great day if your a Beatles fan. The bands get together in the evening and do a tribute to the summer of love and cover bands like Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin, Grateful Dead, The Rolling Stones,
The Who, Bob Dylan. Last year they also did a tribute to the British Invasion that was real cool.
They also had a Ringo Starr and John Lennon impersonater . Abby Road from Nova Scotia play
in full Beatles dress right down to a tee. Its quite an event to see and I already got my tickets for this year.  Its in Halifax and we usually get a hotel and make a nite of it.

Beatles fan....  Badeye   cool

one caper after another

I enjoyed reading this its like stepping back to the seventies aah those were the days smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Thanks for the link Ken. I will be one of those buying the remastered disks. I know it won't be very different but anything Beatles....They just don't make them like that anymore.....

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

geoaguiar wrote:

They just don't make them like that anymore.....

Sure they do.  Get to some local band shows and see.  They just don't sell them like that anymore. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:
geoaguiar wrote:

They just don't make them like that anymore.....

Sure they do.  Get to some local band shows and see.  They just don't sell them like that anymore. 

- Zurf

I am a fan of independent music but having Lennon, McCartney and Harrison all writing songs for 1 album...I just haven't seen anyone come close

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Grate link i loved readin it

FENDER-GOOD BRAND,AND NICE GUITARS
   IBANEZ-EHH WELL THERE PRETTY GOOD
    well yeah guitars guitars guitars
     !NEVER PUT OF TOMORROW WHAT YOU CAN AVOID ALL TOGETHER!

Badeye, you got me me burning with envy. I wish they had a venue like that here. I would love see the Joplin tribute as well as the others.
Enjoy it this time around.

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)