Topic: Beginner acoustic

Hello, im new to the forums, so hello to all.

I've been playing acoustic and guitar overall for 4 months, self taught with advice from friends, I play on a daily basis since im addicted to it.  I can now play songs like Romanze and strumming songs like all the Neutral Milk Hotel ones easily. The thing is that now I need to keep improving my technique, I can play lots of chords and the F or B's are no problem for me, what should I do? I dont just want to keep on learning other easy songs, I need something that will allow me to play much much harder stuff.

Thanks for the help.

Re: Beginner acoustic

Check out Ynwie Malmsteen;  he'll blow your mind.  Regards from:  Joseph Cormier

Or check out the upload I jst sent you.  It's Leo Kotke.  A great guitar player of several different styles.  I'd send you some Malmsteen,  but files are too big.  try downloading "Malmsteen's trilogy."  once again,  regards from:  Joseph Cormier in Nova Scotia Canada.

Haha thanks a lot man, I havnt checked my messages yet but im about to.  Yngwie Malmsteem, ill never be able to play him haha, I didn't know he played acoustic though, or I'll just try to copy his electric but thanks a lot man, my favorite song from him is "Far beyond the Sun". Amazing tune.

Later

pull the tab diary of a madman,bad ass acoustic by randy rhoads,he use to study  fernando sor , if you like what randy does be sure to check him out.

Also if you want a challenge try Eric Clapton, The Unplugged Sessions.

Adios

Fullpana,

Good to hear that you've progressed so well.  Don't stop, however!  Right now, you're strumming to songs you hear on your CDs, and probably know a few progressions.  From here, you can advance your knowledge by learning chord structure, root notes on your fret board, and may be fingerpicking.  What about Dim, Sus, or Add chords?  Also, do you read tabs?  These things can help you progress to a more complete player.  If you ever get bored, then learn some Pantatonic or Blues Scales. 

Nonethelesss, good luck and keep on playing!

Kahuna

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText"><b>fullpana wrote on Sat, 17 March 2007 20&#58;53</b></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">
Hello, im new to the forums, so hello to all.

I've been playing acoustic and guitar overall for 4 months, self taught with advice from friends, I play on a daily basis since im addicted to it.  I can now play songs like Romanze and strumming songs like all the Neutral Milk Hotel ones easily. The thing is that now I need to keep improving my technique, I can play lots of chords and the F or B's are no problem for me, what should I do? I dont just want to keep on learning other easy songs, I need something that will allow me to play much much harder stuff.

Thanks for the help.

</td></tr></table>

Hey thanks for that reply as well.  I've been fingerpicking since the first time I picked up a guitar so it comes a little easy for me now, im watching youtube lessons! viva youtube.  Good suggestion about the Sus Add and add chords, I will get a poster will all the chords possible, that will help me out. I've learned some blues scales so far, a week ago I started taking apart all the chords I know and playing their scales based on the chords picking each note.

Thanks all.

You can try working with alterate tunnings, try useing a slide, try different strum paterns and even have a go at some lead.

"Nobody paints by ear so why would I play guitar by sight?" hmm