Topic: Happy April 20!!!

Happy 4-20 to all my earthy, hippy friends out there. Here's to the future where one day soon we'll be able to "drink our tea" without big brother spitting in our cups. Have a nice evening folks.

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

Re: Happy April 20!!!

Same to ya Toney - don't bogart that ......, my friend.

Jeff

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

W    h    y            A     m           I           T    y   p   i   n    g           s     o           s    l    o     w   smile 

Wishing you all a toasty holiday! -Pix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JcCQlZXMAM One from my favorites... A Classic!

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

You guys are funny, I can't stop laughing, and I'm hungry too!

Give everything but up.

Happy 420 to everyone. I'm sitting here with a fat one in my hand.

A musician is someone with too much time on their hands! Thank god I'm a musician!!!

getfiddle wrote:

You gonna bogart that or pass it around, dude???

:LOL

That's All Non-Violence is
--- Organized Love---
        Joan Baez

getfiddle wrote:

me too me too   he hee   

Badeye   too cool

one caper after another

what is this happy  20th of april day? , I have never heard of it ,

so I wish ye all a happy 21/4 day today

lol

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Seems us folk over here in Blighty are missing out on something. And what's bogart???

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

10 (edited by KajiMa 2009-04-21 11:58:01)

Hey Alvee,

420 is US police code that is used to point out people who have a portly frame whilst they are on patrol. It causes no suspician if public hear "Check out that 420" followed by much laughing at the expense of the large person without them knowing; much more acceptable than "Hey, Hank, check out that fatty."

Bogart, Humphrey was a great American actor who appeared in such films as the African Queen and Cassablanca. He was known for his sarcastic manner and put-downs.

I think the phrase "Don't bogart that 420" is a polite way of bringing your friends into line by saying "Don't take the watsit out of that fatty!" without the person of increased capacity getting suspicious or upset.

Or I could be talking complete cods and it's all refering to what the Fab Four reputedly consumed in Buck House when going for a gong.

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

What songs are there on this subject?

Obvious one mentioned "Don't Bogart that...."

What about Maccabee "Don't do it, don't do it, don't do the drug put it in the toilic" (actually in favour of this)

"M*******a, m*******a, it's safer than pills, cheaper than booze, make you sing like Frank Sinatra. Ooohh-ooh, m*******a Australiana, it's the greatest craz since the Tiffany days and you can buy it from your local farmer"

Don't know who this last is by and what it's called.

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

I need to watch more American TV.

13 (edited by RavenLady 2009-04-21 15:14:13)

KajiMa wrote:

Hey Alvee,

Or I could be talking complete cods and it's all refering to what the Fab Four reputedly consumed in Buck House when going for a gong.

Exactly!  Your closer with that example KajiMa my dear.  wink  From Wikipedia:

"4:20 or 4/20 (pronounced four-twenty) refers to consumption of cannabis and, by extension, a way to identify oneself with cannabis drug subculture.

The origin of the term stems from a story about a group of teenagers at San Rafael High School in San Rafael, California, United States in 1971.[1][2] The teens would meet after school at 4:20 p.m. to smoke marijuana at the Louis Pasteur statue. The exact time was chosen because that was the time that afternoon detention was dismissed."  cool

And you're WAY off with what bogarting a doobie means.  Bogarting is hogging it all for yourself, not passing it around, sitting chatting away and smoking it all yourself, like my brother in law does!  mad

There is a Humphrey Bogart actor too though.

--- Organized Love---
        Joan Baez

Heather,

What would I do without you?

Far out

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

alvee33 wrote:

Heather,

What would I do without you?

Don't know Al.  Let's keep in touch and not find out.  wink

Cheers!

--- Organized Love---
        Joan Baez

This is a little off topic but maybe someone following this thread can enlighten me... What does the "Walrus" symbolize in most older songs.  In song's like "The Garden Party" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_exY9ptMbA   or "I am the Walrus" by the Beatles" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqOKvonLrH8  It's referred to in many other older songs as well.. -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.

"Roll another one just like the other one"       line from The Fraternity of Men the Soundtrack Easy Rider   1969  I believe.

I think the song name was "Don't Bogart Me"

Just a wonderful bunch of songs in this Movie especially for a young easily influenced rebel,this movie was the beginning of my hell raising Chopper Days.

Later, Wayne P

Guitarpix wrote:

This is a little off topic but maybe someone following this thread can enlighten me... What does the "Walrus" symbolize in most older songs.  In song's like "The Garden Party" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_exY9ptMbA   or "I am the Walrus" by the Beatles" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqOKvonLrH8  It's referred to in many other older songs as well.. -Pix

Hi Pix,
Paul was the Walrus.  And I'm gonna send you a link that it not suitable for this site ( really funny) BOLO for an e-mail.

-Toney

Give everything but up.

lol  Thanks!