Topic: For all My fellow outdoorsmen....

I know we have a few fisherman and I assume quite a few hunters amongst us here on Chordie. I'd like to share a great outdoor humorist/author with you. Patrick F McManus caught my attention in the early 80's when he wrote comical spoofs for "Outdoor Life" magazine. I used to cut them all out and I even made a kind of scrapbook out of them. I was hooked! A few years latter I found out he had some collections of short stories published and I quickly ordered all he had written! Man these are priceless!! The funniest stuff and things that all sportsman can relate to. I couldn't find any of his really good stuff that was readable online but here's a link to Google books that allows a few of his stories to be read online. http://books.google.com/books?id=rZRnRm … r=#PPA1,M1   This one here's pretty good as well http://books.google.com/books?id=6WhJgd … =#PPA56,M1 Enjoy! The books can be found on ebay often for just $1 or about $4 shipped if you look around. Enjoy! -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Re: For all My fellow outdoorsmen....

Will have a look at that, kind Sir. On a visit to Kansas a few years ago, I was very kindly given a book called "Sex, Death and Fly-fishing" by John Gierach - very good stuff, too. I think he's probably well known in the USA, but I hadn't heard of him before.

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

my favourite book on the great outdoors is an S.A.S surival book.
It shows you how to do everything with nothing, or everything that can fit into a tobacco tin.

im off this weekend to the far west of Scotland for a camping/walking/fishing/whisky sampling/guitar playing sort of weekend.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Cool Guys! Those look like great reads and I'll be checking them out! Thanks! I read a lot and am always keen to finding new stuff! 

I just finished reading "Sea Wolf" by Jack London for like the third time... Very highly recommended! Ken, I think you would especially like that one if you've never read it. Survival of the fittest with some really great philosophy on beliefs.

-Chris

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]