1 (edited by Guitarpix 2009-04-23 03:48:29)

Topic: Southeast NC Festival W/ monthly events coming!

I'm from Chadbourn, NC A small town, about 2,500 people. We're fairly well known for a huge strawberry festival we've held every spring for the past 77 years. We've been dubbed the "Strawberry Capitol of the World" Well 2 years ago a bunch of volunteers got together and built this stage http://www.ncstrawberryfestival.com/photogal/101_0228.jpg Regrettably it hasn't seen much use other than festival times. Anyway, I've been talking to a counsel member and it looks like we are going to start hosting monthly shows featuring local talent! This is great for the community!! The festival itself runs from April 30th to May 4th. On Saturday May 2nd the stage opens at 9:30 am and will be hosting entertainment until usually around 10pm. Just wanted to invite any members that may happen to be in the area to attend. Last year was a great show with a lot of solo singer songwriters performing and a few local bands. The coming monthly shows are still being organized but should be open to pretty much anyone that wants to take the stage for a few numbers or just sit around and enjoy the show. If anyone is fairly local and interested in performing or attending, drop me an email and I'll keep you updated on the schedules.

BTW.. This is a free event!

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]