Topic: country music

hey i sing country music and i am only just into the intermediate section iun competitions do you guys know any up beat song that i can learn to play on guitar?

Re: country music

hi grooovyliss welcome to Chordie,the song by the Eagles "take it easy" is not to hard and it moves along nice and has a good feel thats one im sure other members will contribute some more for you smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

3 (edited by Zurf 2009-04-24 01:31:55)

There's a million.  I've been working on Travis Tritt's "It's a Great Day to Be Alive" lately.  It requires Travis Tritt's peculiar growlshout delivery to work, which has been the hardest part for me.  The guitar part is difficult to get down because the recordings I've heard and the videos I've seen on You-Tube have the guitar down very low and the voice carries the song.  Then I realized how fortunate I am in that no one else knows what the guitar part sounds like either (except I assume Mr. Tritt). 

If you want to go old school, it's tough to beat Johnny Cash's "Get Rhythm" for an upbeat country song.   More in the old school vein are Hank William's "Hey Good Lookin'" and ???'s "If You've Got the Money, I've Got the Time" (I can't believe the name is slipping my mind right now - awful - and I've had nary a sip tonight).  (It's Lefty Frizzel, I had to Google it.  My mind is slipping.)

Modern Country, "Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off" by Joe Nichols is upbeat and kind of fun. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Try Home Of The Blues, By Johnny Cash. Very good upbeat song!

A musician is someone with too much time on their hands! Thank god I'm a musician!!!

Stars on the Water by George Strait

"Rhythm drives the Rock-n-Roll train"

Gibson Les Paul/PRS Custom/Ovation Celebrity Koa
Line6 SpiderIII 75

Lots of Willie Nelson tunes.  "On the Road Again" is a pretty upbeat one.

That's All Non-Violence is
--- Organized Love---
        Joan Baez

Johnny Cash by Jason Aldean

Yeah love trying to do this song

getfiddle wrote:

Try Home Of The Blues, By Johnny Cash. Very good upbeat song!

cool Dont Stop Kid Keep Rockin'  !! cool

I love to pick out I Saw The Light, and its always a favorite with country fans... and should be easy enough I do it by ear but I'm pretty sure you can find music with no problem. Bobby Bare's Marie Leveaux (or however you spell that) has a real basic boogie guitar part thats not too hard to learn, and that ones lots of fun. One of my favorite songs to play is called Standin' On The Rock, its by the Ozark Mountain Daredevils but it has a very country/folkish sound. And of course anything by Johnny Cash is great to play, Walk the Line and Give My Love to Rose are both really just bouncing chord songs but you can add the bass part yourself if you like pick and fingers stuff and its alot of fun.
Hope that helps some!
-Hannah

All You Need is Love smile

10 (edited by selso 2009-04-24 23:26:12)

Brown Eyed handsome man ,Waylon Jennings
The race is on , George Jones
Big Balls in Cowtown, Bob Wills
I could go on forever but thats a few of my favs
Selso

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Oh, Lonesome Me by Don Gibson.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Here's a few:

Sold/Grundy County Auction by John Micheal Montgomery
What's a guy gotta Do to get a girl in this town - Joe Nichols I think

and if your a female singer and kinda like bluegrass any at all I would highly recommend Rhonda Vincent's "Kentucky Borderline" check it out, you said FAST!!!

Nascarfan

Hi Grooovy ,
   One of my favorites is a Clint Black song called " Leavin Here a Better Man " ...
Some really fast chord changes that are fun ....
                Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

"The Buckin' Song" by Robert Earl Keen

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?