Topic: Neil Young

Finally got to see Neil Young live, good show but I've seen other big names that put on a bigger performence. Seem his band mates were packed into there own little spot not having any spotlite at all. The third song in Neil stopped after a few notes to a song and had a little bit of a riff with the drummer, seems he was cranky is the way I seen it, thought for a minute the crowd were going to boo, but the song started again. After a few more songs the band took a break and Neil played solo on his acoustic, when the band came back I thought it was a different drummer but can't be sure. All in all it was a good show.

Next day in the city we went to a bar called My Father's Moustashe, and had front row seats to see Joe Murphy and The Water Street Blues Band who play  great Cajun blues and also a set of Sonny Boy Williamson's songs. These guys have been playing blues around Nova Scotia for some 35 years and are truly seasoned pro's. On the way from the city at 10 at nite we stopped in a bar in Windsor to see our local classic rock band Spare Parts ply their trade. It
was a live music weekend for us but thats what we like to do.

Still rockin in the free world,       :cool  cool      Badeye.

one caper after another

2 (edited by Russell_Harding 2009-04-13 16:28:25)

Re: Neil Young

Sounds like ya had a blast! Neil Young is great all by himself, I especially liked him with Crosby Stills and Nash lots of energy and beautiful harmony smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

iv'e seen neil young many times as well as other big time players neil is by far my favorite.i play music for a living and when i get a neil young croud i have a blast.i believe neil young with stood the test of time better than most .go see hime again jstajoe

Sounds like an amazing weekend Badeye!  I remember seeing Joe Murphy a few times.  Great band.  I'm jealous.  Especially the location.  sad  Homesick and all when I hear you talk about the bars, bands and places.  Oh well.  Just keeping writing about it here for me to enjoy.  We have two Neil Young DVD concerts.  Neil Young Heart of Gold, 2006 is mostly his Prairie Wind album.  And they say he made it after he found out about his illness and thought he might not make it, so there are times you can hear that in his lyrics, very haunting.  The more rocking one we have is Neil Young Red Rocks Live.  A bit more of a rock show.  It's from 2000, so a bit younger Neil performing.  The musicians he has performing with him are brilliant.

That's All Non-Violence is
--- Organized Love---
        Joan Baez