Topic: This is a question

If you would tune a uklee or whatever lol would you tune it like a guitar but a 4 string

FENDER-GOOD BRAND,AND NICE GUITARS
   IBANEZ-EHH WELL THERE PRETTY GOOD
    well yeah guitars guitars guitars
     !NEVER PUT OF TOMORROW WHAT YOU CAN AVOID ALL TOGETHER!

Re: This is a question

my uke is tunned to C  so what chord is this that i am playing.  The G string fingered on the third fret, C string fingered on the second fret, E string fingered on the first fret and the A string fingered on the first as well. this chord shape works well with E and F.  i use this chord when i worked out "look out there's a monster coming" by "The bonzo dog doo dah band" But when im asked by other musians, namley guitarists what the chord is.
i have to admit that i dont know. Can anyone help me please?

3 (edited by Guitarpix 2009-04-28 23:37:51)

richsailorman62 wrote:

my uke is tunned to C  so what chord is this that i am playing.  The G string fingered on the third fret, C string fingered on the second fret, E string fingered on the first fret and the A string fingered on the first as well. this chord shape works well with E and F.  i use this chord when i worked out "look out there's a monster coming" by "The bonzo dog doo dah band" But when im asked by other musians, namley guitarists what the chord is.
i have to admit that i dont know. Can anyone help me please?

Tuned in C (GCEA) fretting 3211 is a Bb. This is a movable form in that tuning. Move up one fret (4322) and you have B, Once more (5433) and you have the C chord etc....

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

4 (edited by Guitarpix 2009-04-28 23:34:57)

guitarrock wrote:

If you would tune a uklee or whatever lol would you tune it like a guitar but a 4 string

There are several ukulele tunings...

C Tuning (GCEA) is mainly for Soprano, Concert and Tenor ukulele. The same as the higher four strings of a standard tuned guitar with a capo at the fifth fret with string four "G" one octave higher. You can ,however, get strings to tune a baritone to C as well but it's not commonly done.

Key of "C" Low 'G' Tuning - For Soprano, Concert and Tenor ukulele. Same as Key of "C" Tuning but with string four one octave lower. This is the same as placing a capo at the fifth fret of a standard tuned guitar.

Key "D" Tuning (ADF#B) - For Soprano, Concert and Tenor ukulele. The same as the higher four strings of a standard tuned guitar with a capo at the seventh fret with string four "A" one octave higher.

Key "D"  Low 'A' Tuning (ADF#B)- For Soprano, Concert and Tenor ukulele. The same as the higher four strings of a standard tuned guitar with a capo at the seventh fret

G Tuning ( this is the one where you tune DGBe just like the higher 4  strings of a guitar)
It's used mainly for Baritone but is also sometimes used for Tenor ukulele.

String 4 can also be tuned up one octave.

If your not sure what you have, just measure the body size (length and width) and the scale length (from the bridge to the nut) and post them and I'll let you know.

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]