Topic: Page display question!

When I come to Chordie home page  I see a rectangle about about 3/4 of an inch high and maybe 3 inches long just to the top and right of the word forum. Inside this rectangle is a small rectangle about 1/4 wide and 3/8 high at the upper left corner of the first rectangle. Inside this little rectangle are 3 objects. A red square,a blue triangle and maybe a blue circle. How do I open this larger rectangle? I've right clicked, left clicked and nothing lets me open it to see what it is. I assume (witch ain't good) that is some type of add such as the larger one to the right side of the page which I can see fine.
    Anyone have an idea what I need to do to view those things. I have the same problem with some e-mails.It doesn't help to disable my pop up blocker either.
    I'll thank everyone in advance because I am sure some good ideas are forth coming. Thanks,   AL

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

2 (edited by alvee33 2009-04-02 18:51:07)

Re: Page display question!

Hi deadstring, I've been having this problem for a couple of weeks. I am in the middle of dealing with emails back and forward to microsoft to see if they can figure out why this is happening all of a sudden. So far no joy. What I can say is that I think it is a problem with flash objects or embedded content. It is very annoying. I have tried playing around with my settings (with microsofts recommended fiddling about) and still no change. One thing worth noting is that this is only a problem using Internet Explorer. I even updated to IE8 and it made no difference. So I downloaded Firefox and there are no problems when browring with that. It is very wierd.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

alvee33 wrote:

Hi deadstring, I've been having this problem for a couple of weeks. I am in the middle of dealing with emails back and forward to microsoft to see if they can figure out why this is happening all of a sudden. So far no joy. What I can say is that I think it is a problem with flash objects or embedded content. It is very annoying. I have tried playing around with my settings (with microsofts recommended fiddling about) and still no change. One thing worth noting is that this is only a problem using Internet Explorer. I even updated to IE8 and it made no difference. So I downloaded Firefox and there are no problems when browring with that. It is very wierd.

alvee33,
    I mentioned this to my son and he said he uses Firefox also. Thought I would give it a try and WHA LA! It works

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

I have the same problem if I don't keep adobe and javascript updated...Usually if I update my programs the problem goes away. I'm running the newest IE browser..

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Pix,

I have a funny feeling this all strarted after an update by either java or macromedia. I have updated everything, even IE. Still no joy. Even Microsoft are stumped.

My brother recommended Firefox because of the amount of problems Microsoft create with IE (he's not a fan of microsoft at all). Think I'll stick with Firefox for now.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

I'm not sure how anyone else feels about this but i prefer that songs be printable on one page for ease in performances.  i realize that you can reduce the font but this doesnt help much and when i go to copy and paste, i get the annoying excel format cells.  is there a way to post all songs in a more managable format?  thx

Hi tmorin ane welcome to Chordie,

Perhaps this should have been asked in a new thread as it is unrelated to the original subject, but to answer your question you must realise that Chordie is a search engine and does not host any of the songs listed. They are from otherWeb sites and therefore Chordie has no control over the the way that the songs are laid out, and how long they are. You can, of course, edit them yourself in your Songbook to appear how you want them.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"