1 (edited by micky the mooch 2009-05-11 08:47:12)

Topic: Blue suede shoes

BLUE SUEDE SHOES: Can anyone help me get the start  & strumming pattern right?..Ave DL some clips from Youtube but cant seem to get it right.
I think  the start is up/down/up or is it?

For the Time being am strumming how i "Feel" the tune goes trouble is theres no contunity in my strum pattern, is this ok?

Do you think i should learning start over?.. i never count (is that correct saying?) Since i picked up the guitar ave self taught myself by, as ave said "feeling" my way round songs.

bad habit? what is fellow chordians views on this problem?

Cheers micky cool

cool Dont Stop Kid Keep Rockin'  !! cool

Re: Blue suede shoes

Counting is incredibly useful.  It's not absolutely necessary, but it is incredibly useful.  It helps to distinguish between a rapid strum pattern on a moderate tempo and a rapid tempo.  It is also very useful for things like figuring out rhythm, which is exactly what a strum pattern is. 

As far as the intro to Blue Suede Shoes, I'm afraid I'm not going to be helpful with that.  I haven't listened to it in a very long time.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Blue suede shoes

micky he mooch,
I am so old I played that song when it first came out.
I play it in E. I use the E-A string back and forth on two strings with index finger on A string - second fret to ring finger on the A string - forth fret back and forth to get a boogie rhythm going. Do the same for A chord and B chord and pound it out.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?