Topic: Troubadour

anyone play George Strait's Troubadour ?  I can't seem to get the strum pattern down.....

don't smoke weed with Willie

Re: Troubadour

I'll "try" to explain. I'm hoping I don't confuse the matter though. Listen to the drums. Thier kinda like... boom cha, boom boom cha. Change that just a little for guitar into ... boom cha cha da boom boom cha. Okay so on the booms you just down strike the bass note, the E string. The cha's are down on the other five strings and the da is an up stroke on the three high strings. I don't know if that will help or hinder. I don't really know how else to explain it. The strumming part has always come natural to me, its the meedly meedly meedly meedly meedly meeeeeeeeee part I can't get my left hand to do.

Craig23 -

That is about the most lucid description of listening for a strumming pattern as I've ever seen. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

lol love it!!

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Thanks Craig23....thats the best way I've heard it explained.....thanks again

D D  U U D  UD  CAPO IS ON THE 4TH FRET,  ( G, E MAJOR, THEN C, THATS PRETTY MUCH IT)

Thanks guys got it down good enough to play it in front of friends and people who drink....lol