Topic: Take this job and shove it!

I gave myself the best birthday present today (yes, today I turned 45).

Long story short….my little bald headed nazi boss visits my project yesterday, gave the entire management crew a 4 hour lecture on how to run a project (that’s what we need at 97% completion). Talks to me and my co-workers like we are dogs.

So last night, I email an old boss inquiring about job opportunities. He called me this morning at 7:30. By 9:30 I made my decision, packed up my office and told little Hitler -  I QUIT!

The only thing to improve my day will be the Canes winning tonight!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Re: Take this job and shove it!

geez oh toppy,

Well done and well done and happy birthday and hope ye find another job soon.

I believe in speaking my mind to employers too, but something keeps stopping me from telling them where to go. Not enough people tell their employer what they really think and less have the guts to quit so good on for that.

Hope you have made the right choice on yer birthday. If anything it is one birthday you will never forget.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Good for you, Top! Nothings worst then disrespect (eccept maybe a rash?) Hope your team wins and continues your luck
Selso

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

upyerkilt wrote:

geez oh toppy,

Well done and well done and happy birthday and hope ye find another job soon.

Ken

No worries Ken - I've already got another job lined up. I'll take next week off and start on June 1.

Johny Paycheck would love it!

Good luck Tops,hope it works out well for you.And also good luck to the Canes.

If you are in Wyoming don't forget the Bighorn Mountain Festival  July 10-12  Buffalo Wyoming it will be day and night Jamming

Seeing it's your birthday,I think you should grab your guitar and a tall cool smooth one and chill out before the game.

Later, Wayne P

Good job topdown!! I too have told a few bosses where to go in the past. Feels good doesn't it. Nobody has the right to talk to anybody like there a dog. I don't even talk to a dog like it's a dog! Good luck with your new job and happy happy joy joy it's your birthday!! They say it's your birthday...Well happy birthday to ya...Beatles!

A musician is someone with too much time on their hands! Thank god I'm a musician!!!

TD, sounds like we worked for the same AH (back when I had a job) I could have the site (construction) running smooth and here he would come wanting to change everything. It would take me day's to everything straightened out. Anyway, good luck with the new job - and see if you can find something for me.

Nela

Top happy birthday! and sometimes "stuff occurs" it seems like good timing and the right decision were in your favor good luck smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Happy birthday and good luck with your new job, topdown.  A lot of people would like to be able to do what you did.  We can only hope that your quitting hurt your boss.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Happy Birthday Topdown, and good for you on your decision, however, I do feel compelled to point out you turning 45 was the least requirement "officially" to be an old geezer. I've got a question for you now Top, since changing jobs, does this mean you'll be around more, as I remember, you once said you were gone during the week, still would love to meet sometime and again "Happy Birthday"

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Happy Birthday Jeff.

Although it is rather late here I have just opened a beer to celebrate with you. So cheers and here's wishing you many, many more and good luck with the new job.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thanks everyone! It's kind of scary quitting a job in this economy, but I have contacts from many years of experience and if you are good at what you do, there are companies willing to put you on even in hard times.

wlbaye wrote:

Johny Paycheck would love it!

Seeing it's your birthday,I think you should grab your guitar and a tall cool smooth one and chill out before the game.

Great advice Wayne - I've been playing a particular Johhny Paycheck tune all night.

NELA wrote:

TD, sounds like we worked for the same AH (back when I had a job) I could have the site (construction) running smooth and here he would come wanting to change everything. It would take me day's to everything straightened out. Anyway, good luck with the new job - and see if you can find something for me.

Nela

Nela - You know exactly wgere I am coming from. I am a PM on a large construction site - been fighting the beast on a daily basis for going on 2 years - now when were almost done, this AH wants to take over and tell me how to do my job? Don't think so - see ya.

cameronkl7 wrote:

Happy Birthday Topdown, and good for you on your decision, however, I do feel compelled to point out you turning 45 was the least requirement "officially" to be an old geezer. I've got a question for you now Top, since changing jobs, does this mean you'll be around more, as I remember, you once said you were gone during the week, still would love to meet sometime and again "Happy Birthday"

Cam

Cam - My office will be in Raleigh, but likely will be traveling again once I get assigned a project. I'm still home every weekend. I've been thinking about hosting a get together on June, 13 to coincide with Zurfs NoVa jam. Maybe a start on a Chordie "Around The World" get together. How's that work for you? Anybody else interested (Pix)?

Roger Guppy wrote:

Happy Birthday Jeff.

Although it is rather late here I have just opened a beer to celebrate with you. So cheers and here's wishing you many, many more and good luck with the new job.

Roger

Thanks Rog - A virtual tip of the glass to my friend.

Congrats Tops!! I know that felt good smile Best Birthday wishes to ya buddy!!

As far as a get together is concerned.... You don't even have to ask wink Just tell me when and were, you know I'm game smile -Chris

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

aye best wishes on yer buffday! Tops...told a few gaffa's where to shove it mesel over the years, never did my pocket any good .....but my heart felt reet good un!

POWER TO THE WORKERS !!   Good luck on the job hunt

Cheers micky cool

cool Dont Stop Kid Keep Rockin'  !! cool

Beautiful.  Simply beautiful. 

I used to get 4 hour RACs (e-mail me with proof of age to learn what an RAC is) from one boss, but he had to fire me.  The day I was fired, I had interviews lined up in the afternoon.  So it was convenient that I didn't have to make excuses for not being around.  The best work-related complement I've ever received was having the management of that business tell me "You're not our kind of businessman."  They went on to lose $80 million dollars the next year and go bankrupt while I went on to save the company I went to work for $16 million (their total profit for the year was $14 million that year - so you can see that maybe I'm not THAT bad of a businessman). 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Best of luck in your new endeavor Jeff. Ya can't keep a good man down!!!

Give everything but up.

Happy Belated Birthday Topdown. smile

I wonder how little hitler is doing now that he lost a good man. smile It's good to hear you got the new job and was able to pick up without missing a beat.

The Canes are at home so I think you'll see a turn around. If you still got tickets then enjoy the game tonight. It should be a barn burner. smile

Kenny

P.S. They keep showing the tailgate parties you are enjoying. It looks like a blast. Have we seen you on the tube barbecuing steaks?

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Thanks Toney and Kenny

Just got back from the game - and yes, the tailgating was the best part today. Tuna steak sandwiches have been on the menu most games, but today it was beer brats. Good stuff. We usually arrive 4 hours before game time and enjoy the afternoon with friends, good eats and good drinks.

I'll be at the game Tuesday, probably the last of the season. The Canes have hung in there against more talented opponents by playing with a lot of heart and great goal tending. Cam has absolutely stolen a few games in each of the previous 2 series, but seems to have lost it against the Pens. After winning the cup in '06 then missing the playoffs the past 2 years, no matter what happens, I consider this year a success.

congrats man!!

I did that with my first job.
They wanted me to work on my birthday and that just wasn't working.
A friend came by the store and I went to lunch and never looked back....

One of the best decisions I ever made!

Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle