Topic: silliest or most memorable time for playing your instrument

The title was playing your guitar but then i thought so many play other instruments.

I ask this because my wife says I should not play the guitar as soon as I get up at 6:30 on a saturday morning. Everyone was a sleep including my neighbours lol eh not any more probably. I was wide awake and bored so I gave it some lallday on the guitar starting with WASTED LIFE by stiff little fingers. So i was not playing gently. it is 9:30 now I am am stopping for the day.
So this was a silly time for me

Most memorable time was when i was camping and sitting on the bonnet of my car playing the guitar when a herd of cows came right up to listen to me, must have been about 20 of them. When i stopped they walked away, when i started again they came back. With me being a bit tipsy I could not stop laughing at the same time as playing.
If you are ever near a heard of cows try playing to them see if they give you the attention I got

ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Re: silliest or most memorable time for playing your instrument

So what'd you play?

Moooooooove It On Over, Cheeseburger in Paradise, sorry 'bout that......

Give everything but up.

What a load of Bullock's Ken !! lol

But its true a farmer just up the road from me plays classical cds  to the cows
       when he is milking ..they love it keeps them calm..
                            So there you have it Cows love ..Moosic  !

Toney,

it was probably,   Mooooove it on over, Milkshake it on over,

Cause the old Bull's Moooovin in!

Later, Wayne P

True story. Every morning I wake up washface,brush teeth, and comb hair then straight to chordie. I open up my songbook and start to practice. There is a tree outside my window about two arms length away, as soon as I start playing, this little bird hops up onto the branch closest to the window, and starts chirping away. The more I sing and strum and get into it the more he sings. It's so cool, if I can post a picture of it I will. How do you add a picture!

Forgive your enemies, but always remember their names!

That's a very Moooooving story Ken The cattle over hear love moosic too and that's no bull. smile

Hey Riverdales, perhaps you could videotape it and upload it to Mediafire or Youtube.

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

7 (edited by Riverdales 2009-05-23 21:17:31)

You know I'm always on youtube and not once did that ever cross my mind. Thanx for the idea, and my little friend is in a singing mood as we speak. I opened up a 32 oz. can of Milwaukee's Worst and we're strumming and chirpping!!!!

32 oz?  that's the right size for playing.  Sounds good.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

after several of these 32 oz. that bird is gonna sound like great accompaniment! Is that word right!! CHeers!!

You should post up your link to your youtube site along with your Email.
32 0z of Milwaukees worst sounds like a plan to me. I think I'm off to grab a few Labatts.

Cheers
Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

COWard of the County!

Epiphone EJ200  -  Epiphone SG400  -  Fender Strat Blacktop.
Blackstar HT 40 Club  -  Vox VT30 - Behringer ACX ultracoustic 1000

12 (edited by charlotte 2009-05-24 13:05:09)

Dr. Dolittle here.

I have just had a couple of emails, one from a little bird that sits in a tree in Grande Valley and another from a cow in Scotland. The message reads....

' Please inform your friends on Chordie that we are not trying to encourage their guitar playing, quite the opposite. We sit and listen mainly because we can't believe our ears.
Would it be too much to ask to pass on a message from us... SHUT THE HELL UP!  moo..tweet.

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."