Topic: My Car Got Blown Up by a Navy Seal

We had Future Weapons filming here 2 years ago. First they blew a hole in our stable wall yikes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuSPi16M … ature=fvst

Then I found recently that they'd blown up my car! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqO15oyWueE

We were demolishing the old stable block to make way for a new one and a house and Future Weapons heard about it and asked if they could blow it up!

Then I found out recently that the old blue Shogun at about 20 seconds into the 2nd film was the one I used to do all the chain harrowing, etc with until the gear stick broke.

There's a guy in the village who gave us various non-roadworthy vehicles to use on the farm. When they broke he would scrap them. I knew that F W had asked him for a car to blow up and they'd asked him if he knew of any walls they could blow up and he pointed them in our direction. I didn't know it was the car I used to drive tho'!

It was a great day when they did the filming and I got loads of photies! cool

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

Re: My Car Got Blown Up by a Navy Seal

Well, it's your own fault for taking a SEALs seat on the bus.  You'll know better next time.

- Zurf

p.s.  Seriously, though, how cool is that?

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

That's really cool man! I watch that show! Looks like nice country smile -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Thanks Pix. Yeah it is very priddy - I mean pretty! big_smile

And Mack was such a cool guy - no star 'tude there. The crew are mainly English and a lot of them (behind the camera) are ex-forces as well as himself.

It's a shame my photies are all 35mm and haven't been digitised - scratch that - most of them haven't but there are three or four that have. How do I upload these? Copy - paste?

>>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

You'd have to upload them to Flickr or some other photo hosting site on the web, for them to get an http: address so you could post them here.

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.

6 (edited by KajiMa 2009-05-07 08:35:38)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3597/3510030860_78a3b0f9ab.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3588/3509211691_d0c08acc23.jpg?v=0

I've said on previous posts that I'm rather new to a lot of IT (except Audio, which, where I'm no slouch, I'm not Einstein and have a lot to learn (prefer hardware!)). It took me a couple of goes to get the above right! I might have to go back and try redigitising ma photies and get it right this time!

The guy in the middle "Osama bin Jarratt" otherwise known as Tony Jarratt or J-Rat to his friends, died last year and left a huge gap not only on Mendip where he lived, but to the world as a whole.

He was responsible for discovering more cave systems than just about anyone in history and, as a true Gent, you would never have known it because of his modesty. cool

I hope that Mack someday says "I met J-Rat once," (I'm sure he will, he's a Gent too!).

I'm just proud to say that he was my friend from when I was a reefer to when he died!

And it was a very memorable day too!

Nice picks Kajima! Looks like a grand time smile Sorry to hear about Tony though...

"Reefer" ???   As in boating?

Assuredly, Pix - Uncle Albert/Jack Speak for young man/lad. Is there another meaning? ( wink )

Around here we call surfers "reefers" But that's kind of a local thing... That's why I asked smile I'm kinda a beach bum myself. I've spent the last 3 days on Sunset island with my guitar. Nothing like sitting on a quite beach with a guitar for musical inspiration.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3575/3513878960_5bccb6a3a4.jpg

Guitarpix wrote:

Around here we call surfers "reefers" But that's kind of a local thing... That's why I asked smile I'm kinda a beach bum myself. I've spent the the last 3 days on Sunset island with my guitar. Nothing like the sitting on a quite beach with a guitar for musical inspiration.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3575/351 … b6a3a4.jpg

Looks nice that.

I like North Carolina.

Sailed to Wilmington a number of times, and found the locals to be very friendly.

South Carolina's nice too, sailed to Charleston a bit as well like.

"And on payday, we'll tear the place down.
With a pint, in our hand's, and a bash 'em out band.
Sure we'll dance, to the sound, of the rain falling down.
In our Northern Industrial Town."

Great story JJ and pics too.  Sorry about your mate.  Sounds like you've got lots of lovely memories though.  smile  And Guitarpix!  I'm so jealous of your beach pic!  I miss the water so much being from the East Coast of Canada originally.  Thanks for sharing, both of you!

That's All Non-Violence is
--- Organized Love---
        Joan Baez

RFA Colin wrote:

Looks nice that.

I like North Carolina.

Sailed to Wilmington a number of times, and found the locals to be very friendly.

South Carolina's nice too, sailed to Charleston a bit as well like.

That's cool man! Wilmington is less than an hour from me... I live pretty much at the state line of North and South Carolina about 30 miles in from the coast. If you ever sail back this way give me a heads up! Love to meet and show you around some of the local hot spots smile -Pix/Chris

Raven, Yea, I'd be lost away from the coast smile Sorry you had to leave it sad  -Chris

When we were in Largo Florida last December.  We stayed at a condo on the beach.  Every day, we saw a guy walking up and down the beach strumming a guitar.  It was mid or late afternoon.
One time I was on the beach when he came by and I was near enough to hear what he was strumming.  But, the odd  thing is he was either strumming extremely softly or air strumming and so I heard nothing.  I wanted to ask him what he was playing, but he was looking "far away" and it seemed he wasn't interested in any interaction.  So I respected his space and watched as he did his "thing".   Whatever he was playing he was clearly playing for himself.

Anyway, sorry to go off tangent, but seeing the gent in your pics and then the pic on the beach reminded me of that strolling guitarist on a sunny Indian Rocks Beach in Largo Florida.

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

Tangent is a good mate of mine and was a great friend to/of Tony.

Tony liked out of the ordinary. He organised trips to Mhegalaya to map the cave systems there. Whereever he was he could sniff out a place to get a beer or whatever they make and numerous times he was found worse for wear with a smile on his face and the most unlikely drinking companions.

Actually WHEREVER he was, he was found worse for wear with a smile on his face and the most unlikely drinking companions!

He would have approved of anyone walking with their instrument in their own world! cool

KajiMa wrote:

Tangent is a good mate of mine and was a great friend to/of Tony.

Tony liked out of the ordinary. He organised trips to Mhegalaya to map the cave systems there. Whereever he was he could sniff out a place to get a beer or whatever they make and numerous times he was found worse for wear with a smile on his face and the most unlikely drinking companions.

Actually WHEREVER he was, he was found worse for wear with a smile on his face and the most unlikely drinking companions!

He would have approved of anyone walking with their instrument in their own world! cool

Sounds like the kind of person I can and do appreciate!  <grin>  I raise my glass of wine to his spirit.

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg