Topic: how to make your own homemade album

What you'll need:
a computer (that can record through a mic; vista has a thing called 'Sound Recorder')
An amplifier
a mic with a USB connecter (rock band mics seem to work well)
a CD (blank)
itunes

1. first take your favorite song tabs
2. learn them
3. then when you're done with that, get some sort of audio device (mic or something)
4. and put it in your computer (USB mic)
5. Then put it next to your amp
6. turn the amp up and hit record or whatever to start recording from the mic (you may want  to put the mic RIGHT in the center of the amp)
7. when you're done hit stop
8. save it as a document or music file
repeat 6-8 for every song
9. then put them on one playlist on itunes
10. burn them into a CD
11. it's best to have a case for the CD but not NEEDED but it's fun to do 12.-13. (which you need a CD case for
EXTRA 12. make a band logo on a piece of paper that can fit into the album (which ou may or may not have)
13. list songs on back of paper
14. play it!

Re: how to make your own homemade album

eh,ok,
not how I do my cd's though

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

ken once you have all the songs use the windows media player and burn a list to a CD but in order to render these songs to mp3 you will need Audacity or some software program to convert it, it would help if you had Nero it would assemble all the songs and even out the volumes and space them at 2 sec intervals and burn the CD as well smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

that's why you just put them on itunes
NOT WMP!!!
then you rip that playlist (your songs)

Russell,
I know about WMP and audacity and Itunes but I prefer to use guitar pro 3 and put them onto cd that can play on a cd player by using nero or record now if i am not too fussy about the record levels.
I would recommend nero for this as I find it great..
When i make songs I convert them into Mp3s, as well as leaving them as wav files and only rip them to cd when I am going to send someone unlucky person a cd of me, unless they want it as mp3's

but should this not be in the " record" section as it is advice for recording?

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

upyerkilt wrote:

but should this not be in the " record" section as it is advice for recording?

Ken

You are right Ken- I'll move it.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I really am not that familar with I tunes but if your going to record your songs can you record them on I tunes or do you still need a program like guitar pro 3 or Reaper,Audacity to render them as mp3's to burn to disk? smile

There's a couple of things I don't understand about dantheman's post
Why learn the tabs first. Unless you want to learn to play the song not really needed if you just want to record the song.
The sound recorder in xp will only record for 60seconds (unless vista recorder will record for longer) so no good for a song. You'll need a program like Audacity to record and render to Mp3. Unless you can do this with itunes.
WMP will burn to CD formatt as standard.

dantheman checkout this post for recording your tracks without using a microphone much easier
Link here
http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=11825
Ark

well toanswer your questions or statements arkady:
1. to make YOUR OWN song not someone elses or also learn someone else's so you can have pride that YOU did it
2. sound recorder has to be in vista
3. you can do it with itunes
you save the songs you did via sound recorder and drag them into itunes. then make those songs into one playlist and burn the playlist into a CD

Dantheman1119 wrote:

well toanswer your questions or statements arkady:
1. to make YOUR OWN song not someone elses or also learn someone else's so you can have pride that YOU did it
2. sound recorder has to be in vista
3. you can do it with itunes
you save the songs you did via sound recorder and drag them into itunes. then make those songs into one playlist and burn the playlist into a CD

Hi Dan
Well thanks for clearing those points up...
Best of luck with all your own recordings perhaps you could post them on the web (Myspace etc) so we could have a listen to them.
ark

lol love the smiley