Topic: Feeling a bit dissapointed

Hi to all at Chordie,
                             Anytime I have posted a question on any of the forum sites, I usualy

get an answer,at least one sometimes more. However I posted a question on the  Other

Stringed Instruments, about some advice for a Tenor Banjo, I have recevied nothing, even

from the Moderatiors of the site, yet some of the other questions on that site seem almost

trival. I would have even been happy if one of the Modarators had said sorry can't help

with that question. However I still think Chordie is one of the best sites on the Net.

Luck and Health to all!!!

Re: Feeling a bit dissapointed

Headcase I doubt if it is anything personal nor intentional.
I personally belong to a camping forum, Chordie, a forum from my home town and a forum about dulcimers, plus I receive a lot of e-mails. By the time I get caught up on all of them I find that if I have nothing to add or discuss I simply don't comment. When I do not comment I don't do it to be rude, I just have nothing to say.
Have a great weekend! AL

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

3 (edited by Russell_Harding 2009-05-22 12:52:11)

Headcase I read your post regarding tenor banjo I think it depends on what you intend to play on it (style of music) if its bluegrass or folk you will need to study fingerpicking and I'm sure there are some books available for tenor guitar or ukes and you did say the banjo was turned like the top 4 strings of a guitar so search for these,useing picks is not required I play finger style and dont use one its up to you smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

headcase,
I read it too but I had no answer.
And although I am not the moderator for there I can say that moderators are not there to reply to every single question posed on the site. Moderators are here to keep things in order, keep the forum nice and tidy, keep sweary words and spammers at bay etc.
And especially for that particular question I would not expect a couple of people to know everything about every stringed instrument, if they did I am sure they would have replied and helped you out.

Loads of people do not get replies, mostly in "song requests" probably because anyone reading do not know the answer.
If you want everyone that reads a request or a question to say " sorry, I dont know" just for the sake of getting a reply then the site would be full of " sorry I dont know" replies.

I hope you realise this, but if you didnt then you do now as well as anyone else that wonders why they do not get a reply every time.
I have had no replies a few times and yes I agree it is annoying, but ye just got to live with sometimes.

cheers
Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

just noticed you got a reply in the section headcase.
so another reason is :
people just dont see every single thread and question lol

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Good Morning,

I think most of us that use chordie users are guitar nuts and I have not seen any posts go unanswered relating to guitars.I play guitar and a little mandolin, but I don't have any answers for alot of banjo ,uke or alot of other stringed instruments.I have never seen a more helpful sight than chordie.

Later, Wayne P

wlbaye wrote:

I have never seen a more helpful sight than chordie.

Roger that.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

8 (edited by Headcase 2009-05-25 22:19:56)

If you read my massage, I said I considered Chordie the best site on the net, I still do.

Perhaps I wanted an answer too quickly, but I got some in the end; so no probems.

Luck and Health to all!!!