Topic: Advice / Opinions please

Hi fellow Chorians

I am in need of advice are my ears decieving me?

The song Party Doll, on chordie one version is using the  G6 chord, it dont sound to clever?or as ave said are my ears decieving me ?
verse 3 uses  G chord which sounds correct, guitar is in tune (electro/acoustic)

ave tried the to G6 chords i know  6th & 5 th string, also 6th only (2nd fret)
or maybe am playing them wrong (which probably most likely)?

I know theres a simple version using A E D,

cheers  micky cool

cool Dont Stop Kid Keep Rockin'  !! cool

2 (edited by Roger Guppy 2009-05-26 07:24:58)

Re: Advice / Opinions please

Hi Micky,

I do not know this song so I cannot advise you whether it is right or wrong but the songs on Chordie are the words and chords that someone has figured out for themselves so they do sometimes have errors. If there is more than one version it is an idea to check and compare the songs to see what other people have done.

At the end of the day if a chord does not sound right to you then you will have to find the one that does.

By the way of look at the chord chart in the resources you will find 17 different G6 open chord shapes including the ones you mention. Perhaps one of them may sound better than the ones you are playing.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

thanks Roger,

I already searched before posting( ie: other artists, also G6 alt'),Buddy Knox  was the original (i think?) which use different chords A E D and is simple to play,the one i like  is titled various bands .I'll keep searching maybe i will hit lucky?

thanks micky cool

cool Dont Stop Kid Keep Rockin'  !! cool

Micky I have played this song and the 6th can be played or omitted because  any 6th chord can be substituted for the relative minor of the key your playing in, in G the relative is Em so its an easy change to add the note E to an open G instead of playing the Em the same holds true for every key smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Russell, I'd like to say a HUGE thanks for that. I've often wondered about 6th chords. They just don't seem quite right anywhere to me. This has shed a very bright light on things for me. Cheers man.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Just use what sounds good to you.  You might even try a G7, that's pretty close and should sound alright.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Alvee your welcome and another substitute for the easy G Em C D(doo wop turnaround) would be G G6 Dm7 Dm6 which adds another flavor to an old progression smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"