Topic: PA system ??

I hope that someone can help me.
At the moment I play small gigs using an eletric guitar playing through a Boss micro recorder in to a small amp, I pre-record a backing track, bass and rythem guitars which I play over. I sing without any amp.
The problem I am starting to have is that it is becoming to be quite popular and the rooms are getting bigger, so now I really need to amp up my voice, but I have no inputs left.
I have been told that I need a PA system, but as I only get paid £20 - £30 a gig I don't have the money to spend on more equipment.
Anyone know of another way around this ?, or do I need a PA
Thanks TonyBlue

man is the dream of the doliphin

Re: PA system ??

Tony I agree if you are going to be playing larger rooms a pa is needed I dont know what the policy in the uk is but over here most of the music stores will accept time payments on a small pa system and for a solo act you dont want to be hauling around a lot of gear check and see if you can get a small pa that will do the job it could be used or new or buy another small amp smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

An acoustic amp such as a Marshal as50r or d would do for your purpose, it has plenty of volume and has an XLR mic socket. good luck,.

4 (edited by KajiMa 2009-05-22 16:31:12)

A PA would be a good idea, would give more bang/£ than an acoustic amp (which are rather expensive for reasonable, let alone good) and would be an asset that you could hire for other bands/performers.

For under £450, you could get active (they contain their own amps) PA speakers and a small mixer. With this set up of individual components you can expand as you go.

There ARE a lot of very good Acoustic Cube type 'all-in-one' units on offer, but they do what they do and the only way of making that system grow is to replace the whole thing (yes you could get another speaker that is powered from the first unit, but if, for example, you need more mixer channels, as it is built in, if you got another mixer you would then have a mixer attached to your system that is all but unused and that you cannot take off and sell).

With a 'seperates' PA you could sell/hire out your smaller mixer and get a bigger one without having to sell your speakers.

If you're interested, I could put together some packages based on your requirements.

I don't get commission from ANYONE!!!!

Hope this helps.

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

tony eaves wrote:

I hope that someone can help me.
At the moment I play small gigs using an eletric guitar playing through a Boss micro recorder in to a small amp, I pre-record a backing track, bass and rythem guitars which I play over. I sing without any amp.
The problem I am starting to have is that it is becoming to be quite popular and the rooms are getting bigger, so now I really need to amp up my voice, but I have no inputs left.
I have been told that I need a PA system, but as I only get paid £20 - £30 a gig I don't have the money to spend on more equipment.
Anyone know of another way around this ?, or do I need a PA
Thanks TonyBlue

Tony,
This would be the simplest, quickest fix;
http://www.music123.com/Behringer-Xenyx … 8.Music123

It's an unpowered mixer with a high and low z input. Each channel has volume control so you'll be able to control the input to your amp.

Give everything but up.

thanks, I will look for one over here

It looks ideal if it does want I want and I think it will,
Do you have this item?
All I want to be able to plug in my Boss with the backing trcks (like a MP3 player). Plug in my guitar and also plug my mic in as well, and then play the lot of them through my amp, ans have control of all the volume levels.
Wolud this unit be able to do this ?
If so you have solved my problem and at avery good price, but regardless I really thank you for the information
Regards TonyBlue

I have a Kustom  4 channel P.A. system that was 100$ U.S.(dont know what that is in euros) Cheap but loud. Very good for the price. Compact too so you dont have to struggle with it.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

tony eaves wrote:

It looks ideal if it does want I want and I think it will,
Do you have this item?
All I want to be able to plug in my Boss with the backing trcks (like a MP3 player). Plug in my guitar and also plug my mic in as well, and then play the lot of them through my amp, ans have control of all the volume levels.
Wolud this unit be able to do this ?
If so you have solved my problem and at avery good price, but regardless I really thank you for the information
Regards TonyBlue

This one should work for you, if not Behringer( and many other brands as well) has a step up from this this particular model that has 2 or more extra inputs with better individual control over each input source. I don't know exactly what to recommend without personally seeing your set-up. But keep this in mind, it's almost always better to have an extra channel and not need it than to need an extra channel and not have it....

Give everything but up.

I think this will work for you, I recently purchased a 4 channel mixer priced around the same and I can run a guitar mic and effects and control each channels volume I play thru a small 30w amp that only has one input so I know it will work smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Thank you to you all, as always you have all been a good help.
I have placed the order
TonyBlue

YAMAHA AND FENDER HAVE GOOD ONES CHECK OUT THERE PA'S

What did you order , Tony ?

The first one recomended.  Behringer Xenyx 502.
It should be here tomorrow, I will post about it then
TonyBlue

It came today, along with some other stuf, well I did not want to look cheap, so far it is just right, and it looks good very impressed.
A BIG Thank you to you all for your input
TonyBlue

It is just the job.
I can play the Boss through it + guitar + mic, and I still have two inputs left to use if I have a need.
Thank you to you all.

I am still thinking about a looping pedal

TonyBlue