Topic: Easy, Clean Summer Songs

I work at a Christain summer camp and I play the guitar and ukulele so I'm just looking for some songs that we can all sing.
It can be Christian or not, as long as it's alright for 6yr olds to sing too, lol. (Although I may go a bit more leniently with stuff
I let the teens sing. The song can be fun and happy or just chill and relaxing, anything you want.

Any reply is appreciated.:)

Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music.  ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Easy, Clean Summer Songs

Hey squirrelygurl.

The Fox is a great one for younguns, just G, C, D and the odd Em.

Don't have many kiddies songs. If I think of any more I'll get back.

Cheers.

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

Thanks man, ill look that up. smile

It doesn't really have to be a kiddie song per say, we sing everything from bob marley
to queen, just as long as it isn't blatantly about sex and drugs and such, lol.

Thanks again.

Hi squirrelygurl and welcome to Chordie!

You might find some ideas here:

http://kristinhall.org/songbook/Songbook.html

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Maybe try some Roger Miller.  He has some really fun songs that kids like.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

There aint no bugs on me, they love that one.
this land is your land, thats just easy to remember
Life is a hiway, kinda cheesy but hey its for kids.
Spongebob , Hannah Montana, I hate her, but again for the kiddies.
My kids love the Sherk soundtrack, so anything off that.
With my kids, I sometimes I play a simple 1 4 5 and let them make up the words as we go.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

And one of my favorites, Puff The Magic Dragon

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

selso beat me to this sort of, I think, well I tihnk it is on shrek.

500 miles by the proclaimers, all kids i know love this song especially for the darra raa raa da ra ra ra part and singing along with " and I would walk 500 miles" with their best put on scottish accent ( although kids round me dont have to put an accent on lol )

2 little boys by rolf harris

anarchy in the UK by the sex pistols, just to let them know there is really good music out there..........yes i am joking.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Swing Low by Clapton

Key to the Hiway by Brownie Maghee

Daisy a Day by Roy Clark

Stood Up by Minglewood Band

just a few.. Badeye  cool

one caper after another

Topdown- Thanks man, this site is really rad.

And thanks for the link- I'll have a look see. smile

bensonp- Good idea, thanks. And yea I have puff the magic dragon, cute song. tongue

selso- Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll take all of them- except the Hannah Montana one, lol.
I just can't make myself sing her music.

Haha Ken, I really SHOULD through in some Sex Pistols, just to mess around with them.:P
But thanks, I already have 500 miles in my songbook- I love that song.

badeye- Thanks man, I don't think I have the voice for Swing Low but I'll give it a try. Good be fun.:P:P

Hey kiddo, wasn't by a computer all weekend but can name a few, did some of that in my time too, John Denvers "Gospel Changes" is a good easy strumming song with a good message of faith in it, and ya know, "Amazing Grace", I always Did Some John Denver, Peter, Paul and Mary, Folk songs, sing-a-long stuff, "Both sides Now" is pretty easy, but may be high vocally, I do it capoed on the 3rd, but I'm a guy and a gravelly baritone, so you'd have to try it and see, but there's ton's, I'm sure if you type in "campfire Chords and Lyrics" you should find a free site somewhere. I've got a few off from time to time, but couldn't start to think of the web sites, anyway hope this helps, I've got "Gospel Changes" if you need it and maybe "Both Sides Now", have to look on that one, anyway good luck and hope ya get some singers, it can really bee fun if the kids get into it.....Keep On.........justasinger54

heres one for the teens flogging molly , if i ever leave this world alive , easy to play great friendship song

ukulele's unite!!