Topic: britain's got talent.....or has it?

I have been watching most episodes.

My favourite so far is the guy playing the clarinet ( or is it a small sax)
so much feeling in his playing, I might even break a habit of a lifetime and actually phone and vote.

the brit chix that were on the other night were so awful but at least they gave it a go, they should have sang something other than the spice girls, I dont care if they tried to punk it up a bit, it was doomed for failure as soon as they started singing, other than that they looked good.

I nearly had a tear in my eye when i saw " GRAND 2" get through, the grandad and grand daughter singing a duet. Not the  greatest singing but lovely that they are doing it.

Dont ask me about Susan Boyle though, But she has got a great voice, just not my scene/type of music so it will be wrong of me to comment on her.

anyone else got any favourites?

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Re: britain's got talent.....or has it?

I,ll go for the sax player , played with feeling . Tonights show was pretty duff.

Hey Upyerkilt,

I was hoping you might give us a link to the clarinet, here in the US we've all heard about the Susan Boyle lady and her story, but I'd like to see the guy with the clarinet, and would this be the finals? The Susan Boyles/ Clarinet guy?

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

http://talent.itv.com/videos/video/item_200263.htm

Julian Smith is his name

Ken

Just read a bit on it lol I got it wrong!!!
It is a sax he is playing

Ken

He is very good.  He reminds me of Kenny G.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Thanks Upyerkilt, I'll give it a listen

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

bensonp wrote:

Make up your mind.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:
bensonp wrote:

Make up your mind.

- Zurf

Funny good laugh.

Badeye  cool

one caper after another

LOL, Zurf.  I do think Kenny G is very good, however what I failed to say was, all his songs sound the same.  I don't listen to him because of that.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Stavros is THE MAN!

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

stavros flatley were superbly entertaining. No talent really but entertaining.

Diversity won it. their dance routines are probably the best i have seen ( not that i have seen that much dance routines)
I even opted to vote for them and for Julian Smith ( I have too much credit on my old mobile and trying to run it down)

I dont see why the top threee cannot get to perform at the royal variety show. Let the winner keep the 100 grand but let the top three perform.
All the acts were saying how great it would be to perform so let them, give them no money and see how eager they all are to perform. hmmm I think they would still love to anyway without the money.

Ken

This is the winning routine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMstFTMI … DF1fOQbdkA

The dancers were incredible. Susan Boyle has a big future, but seems she also has a big temper !

"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." Miles Davis

StranSongs wrote:

This is the winning routine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMstFTMI … DF1fOQbdkA

The dancers were incredible. Susan Boyle has a big future, but seems she also has a big temper !

This saved me posting a link, lol, cheers

Papers say this morning she is still on track to earn 8 million per year. I would settle for half of that per year. lol

Ken

Gutted for Stavros lol lol

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Julian Smith is playing a soprano saxophone - beautifully.
A soprano sax is usually straight like a clarinet but is always metal and gives you a brassier sound.
My dad was a reed man and played flute, clarinet and soprano sax for us kids whenever we could nag him into it.
When I joined our school band as a tuba player, he donated his beautiful, silver Selmer soprano sax to the school band.
After he left, the band director couldn't figure a use for it so he threw it in the garbage.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

17 (edited by Russell_Harding 2009-06-04 13:55:18)

Yes I just split a gut laughing at there performance,the performance is around 1:50 or so into this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Tu0PAbW75A 

alvee33 wrote:

Stavros is THE MAN!

"Growing old is not for sissies"