Topic: The Neil Young classic "Old Laughing Lady"

Neil uses the imagery of an Old Laughing Lady as a metaphor for Death in this bautiful song.  The lyrics evoke some great imagery and the whole metaphor ties together brilliantly in this song. What a great writer Neil is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSvlLRP_2SY

Original Songs on YouTube:   www.youtube.com/thegilsongs
Cover Songs on YouTube:   www.youtube.com/All1Song

Re: The Neil Young classic "Old Laughing Lady"

I always enjoy your hard work..very nicley done

I thought ; If I had one idea,
and took it from beginning to end.
I would try another.

Dont suppose youd give away your chord progressions and tuning..cant quite make it out on the vid...?????

I would try another.

THE OLD LAUGHING LADY NEIL YOUNG

Gill,
Please read;
http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=120

In the future you'll need to share your lyrics,chords, and tabs, via private e-mail to the inquisitive one(s). Take a second or two and read over the "sticky" posts at the beginning of each section you choose to post in and situations like this one can be avoided. Thanks in advance for your future complying with the guidelines, it is a very important to the survival of this wonderful website.

*****edited by SouthPaw41L*************

Didnt mean to get anyone in HOT WATER..just an innocent inquirey

I would try another.

All1Song wrote:

Gill,
Please read;

In the future you'll need to share your lyrics,chords, and tabs, via private e-mail to the inquisitive one(s). Take a second or two and read over the "sticky" posts at the beginning of each section you choose to post in and situations like this one can be avoided. Thanks in advance for your future complying with the guidelines, it is a very important to the survival of this wonderful website.

My bad, Sorry about that. Since these were available for free to the public from The Neil Young PDF songbook I didn't think there would be a problem posting. Anybody can download that PDF songbook. It is available for free and Neil Young is fully aware of it.  In fact when I met Neil last year and told him I play a bunch of his songs on YouTube he was stoked and encouraged me to keep it up. He has since watched some of my videos. After all it is huge marketing for him and I think he realizes that. Smart businessman.

All1Song wrote:
All1Song wrote:

Gill,
Please read;

My bad, Sorry about that. Since these were available for free to the public from The Neil Young PDF songbook I didn't think there would be a problem posting. Anybody can download that PDF songbook. It is available for free and Neil Young is fully aware of it.  In fact when I met Neil last year and told him I play a bunch of his songs on YouTube he was stoked and encouraged me to keep it up. He has since watched some of my videos. After all it is huge marketing for him and I think he realizes that. Smart businessman.

Awsome All1song, just downloaded it, absolutely fantastic!  I've been thinking about listening to his music more recently, what better excuse can I get!
Cheers

Epiphone EJ200  -  Epiphone SG400  -  Fender Strat Blacktop.
Blackstar HT 40 Club  -  Vox VT30 - Behringer ACX ultracoustic 1000

This is pretty clear cut. If there is an issue  with the policy it's above my head. Please read;

"Chordie does not host songs. It is a search engine that formats songs it finds on the internet. There are several reasons for this (most of them legal).

Please read FAQs on chordie's 'Resources' page for a longer explanation.

This also means that NO LYRICS can be posted in this forum.

You are however allowed to post links to songs on the internet, and you are allowed to post one-liners explaining how to play a song.

Any posting of lyrics may result in Chordie having to shut down! I will therefore automatically delete the account (and the songbook) of persons violating this rule, as well as ban their domain from accessing Chordie.

Please report any violation of this rule immediately!"

Give everything but up.

Hey, All1Song, great job. Ive been listening to Neil Young for more years than I`d like to count and have never heard that song before.
My kingdom to be able to sing and play the axe like you. Once again, great job.
hog

" Its much to late to do anything about rock and roll now" Jerry Garcia-Grateful Dead