Topic: Removing fuzz from recordings

I guess the topic speaks for itself...how do I do this using Audacity?

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

Re: Removing fuzz from recordings

Steven I am not sure what you mean by "Fuzz" but the effects menu has a large selection of functions including noise removal,on the left of the audacity screen where you adjust the volume and pan click just above the volume and the whole track is highlighted then click on the effects a drop down menu will appear and try noise removal first if it dont do the job then on the right is the undo click on that and all will be restored for you to try something else but I need to know what your definition of fuzz is so can you upload a sample to your myspace? or email me from Chordie and I will give you my email address if you dont already have it so you can send me a 1 minute sample of this smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

3 (edited by 06sc500 2009-06-01 02:02:27)

Yeah sorry about that I hope I didn't confuse anyone who thought I was talking about "fuzz" distortion...if you listen to my first recording on my Myspace page, there's a fuzzy humming sound in the background, because the adapter I was using to plug into my computer was not great quality.

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

you could try useing the noise removal funtion that may solve the problem if not I woud record the song again with a better adapter if it was the adapter it could be something else like the chord or your guitar smile

Sometimes the old saying "s*** in s*** out applies. I never had much luck improving the quality of a bad recording...you can't polish a turd.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

geo normally thats true but there are exceptions and audacity has the ability to filter out non musical sounds like hum depending on how severe it is even those P's when you sing (pops) by useing the drawing tool,this works by zooming in and breaking each tone or sound down to a little ++++++++++ pattern and you can erase the peaks and remove that unwanted P smile