Topic: Any Migraine sufferers?

This weekend I had what I usually dub a, "Stress Headache" in the back of my head ... well I took 2 tylenol from my girlfriend and 30 mins later I still had this headache ... nothing sharp, just very dull and persistent ... after a few hours it wouldn't go away and then I noticed sunlight began making it worse ... once we got home my face was heating up and my girlfriend said you have a migraine (she has them frequently) ... I took some Excederin Migraine and within 30 mins, it was gone

This is the first one I know of that I have gotten ... could it be a sign that more will come and more frequently or could it be a one time occurence?

"Rhythm drives the Rock-n-Roll train"

Gibson Les Paul/PRS Custom/Ovation Celebrity Koa
Line6 SpiderIII 75

Re: Any Migraine sufferers?

My wife gets those awful things. She has lived with them for years now and you couldn't tell she was having one if she didn't tell you. She's tough as nails dipped in adamantium and forged in a volcano in the center of the sun!

Thankfully, I have never had one. Though I've heard that the awful symptoms of a hangover come close to the effect of a migraine.

=p
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

It's probably not a one time occurance. 

I get them.  You're fortunate that Excedrine Migraine helped you.  It works because both aspirin and caffeine, which are both in Excedrin, are vasoregulators.  Migraines have a vascular cause.  If the begin recurring, see a neurologist if you can.  It helps if you maintain a 'headache' log noting when you had it, what you had eaten recently (many foods are migraine triggers) and other environmental issues such as allergens, strong light, distracting sounds and images, pending high or low pressure zones, emotional or physical stress issues, etc.

I can tell you by the way my head feels when there's a strong low pressure front a day or two away.  Bizarre but true.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I get them now and again but not too bad

I used to get them really bad, I got the thumping head and white sort of flashes in my eyes, or what i saw. Got me in tears a few times but not had that for about 15 years.

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

I suffer from cluster headaches.  If you don't know what they are, look it up.  They are terrible.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Thanks guys I'll check the info out ...

Zurf ... you sound like a good human barometric reader ... who needs a meteorologist!

Detman ... I wouldn't wanna meet your wife in a dark alley tongue

Line6 SpiderIII 75

bensonp wrote:

I suffer from cluster headaches.  If you don't know what they are, look it up.  They are terrible.

bensonp ... judging from this picture on cluster headaches ... I don't want em neutral 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Clusterhead.jpg

Line6 SpiderIII 75

Yeah, LesPaul, you don't want them.  They come 3-5 times a day for 1 hour and they are the most painful thing I know.  I only get them for 4-5 months every two years or so.  They are real killers.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I know a few people that have bad migraines and it pretty much cripples them when it hits. I feel for all that get them cause there doesn't seem to be a quick fix.

Every once in a while when I go from light to dark areas I get a visual/optical migraine. There is no pain involved but it can be quite annoying. A flashing rainbow effect that starts in the lower left field of vision, then it travels across my line of site expanding to where it finally leaves my site line. This will take around 45 minutes from start to finish and if I'm driving I've had to pull over due to I can't see clearly. Even when I close my eyes it's still there. I have included links to 2 vids that show it best. The first vid demonstrates how annoying it can be and the second vid shows pretty much what I see. I have found that eating yogurt helps to set it off...needless to say I haven't eaten yogurt in a long time.

Check out the vids cause it's kinda bizzare.

Kenny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihgXA0nX … re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1sXbdaI … re=related

As George Harrison once said..."Most Peculiar Momma"

Any one else deal with this?

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

A lot of migraine headaches are tied to your teeth and jaws. Do a search of "TMJ" symptoms. Also, never ignore small aches and pains as they can be forerunners of something more serious.

Nela

bensonp wrote:

bensonp - I've suffered with clusters for years. They seem to be getting better as I age (less frequent anyway), but I used to get them every day several years ago. Mine only lasted 30 or 45 minutes each and seemed to trigger in changes in the environment, temperature, humidity, etc. Debilitating, lie in the dark wanting to squeeze your head off kind of pain.

Anyway, the best treatment for me seemed to be a combination of hot / cold masks - soak a towel in water then put it in the microwave for 45 seconds, then wrap a bunch of ice in another towel. Rotating these on the most painful areas (always behind my right eye) seemed to lessen the pain. 

Another thing that helped this past winter when I was staying in a cabin with electric heat was the use of a humidifier.

Best of luck to you buddy, I feel your pain.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

NELA wrote:

A lot of migraine headaches are tied to your teeth and jaws. Do a search of "TMJ" symptoms. Also, never ignore small aches and pains as they can be forerunners of something more serious.

Nela

I have been getting slight headaches for the past few weeks now. Couldnt feel them if they were there while on strong painkillers for my nose but they are coming back.
And I did have trouble wit hmy jaw before.
thanks Nela, yer making me go see about this now.
docs on friday

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

13 (edited by tubatooter1940 2009-06-03 12:20:32)

After 45 years of migraine headaches, I outgrew them when my arteries began to harden (Thank you, Lord).
Apparently, a blood vessel blows up like a baloon and pushes out on the surrounding tissue causing pain. These are called capilary headaches.
I now only suffer headaches when I swill more than four beers or do rum shooters, or jello shots, or Stolichnaya and pig out on too much chocolate. sad
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?