Topic: Jura folk festival

it is not until the last weekend in September so this is a bit of time for anyone outside Scotland to start saving,lol.
Starts Friday 25th end Monday 28th.
Ferry from Kennacraig to isle of Islay £70 per car plus £14 per person return.
£2 for small ferry from Islay to Jura. £15 for car return.

Loads happening all weekend, especially from staurday noon til late, very late Sunday night.
Have a few great jam sessions in the campsite. there are houses for rent but they are no fun. Campsite is brilliant, and it is free camping ( donation in the pub towards the lifeguards) there are showers so you dont have to be minging all weekend.
Food van there so you dont have to live off cold food or food cooked on a stove. Also you can eat in the hotel ( probably fully booked by now) Camping is the way to go!! also the pub joined on to the hotel do food.
There is a late night Caileigh on saturday night from 12 til about 4am.

I have been going every year for the past 9 years and loved every one.

so if you have no plans and you can save a wee bit then you should try it at least once in your life.
Good idea to book the ferry if taking a car asap though. if no car there are loads that go by foot. There is a small community bus that picks up from the ferry and drives into Craighouse ( the village where the festival is)

I could go on and on about it but i dont even know what acts are there this year yet apart from I might do a few songs in the pub as well as a jam in the longe hopefully. But definitley the camp site which is right next to the pub and hotel.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending