Topic: Transferring a recording to My Space or You Tube

Thanks to  the posts in the recording topic . I can record with Audacity, and I can get the mp3's into my Real player/nero/and desktop. How do I get them on My Space? I have a my space, it has a player and I named a play list, just  can't get anything on it! It says to "drag songs here to build playlists" . I just don't know how.  sad  HELP!!!
  I have left clicked and hold on the mp3 , tried to drag to the my space player where it says "drag songs here" then release clicker. --- nothing??? Don't ya'll big_smile  laugh to hard now, I know it's got to be easy.

Ron

Re: Transferring a recording to My Space or You Tube

Abb do you have a artist or band account? if you did not register as a band or artist you cannot upload your songs and the only way around that is to delete your account and wait 3 days and open a band or artist account unless you can give another email address like gmail or yahoo etc, otherwise you will have to do the above to be able to upload your mp3's from your documents smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

3 (edited by aabb 2009-06-04 01:05:04)

I think so, on my profile it shows the label as unsigned and there is a place for my up coming shows
I think it is an artist account

Ron

ok abb this is what you do when you log in your taken to your home page there above your picture and Internet address is "edit profile" click on that and the next page you are given a choice of several options one of them is "manage featured songs" click on that and on the right is upload new song click on that and you will be forwarded to a page that asks for song name that's all you need to do is type in the song name and submit the next page is the upload it will say "browse when you click on that it opens your main files so just go to wherever the songs you want to upload are and click on one it will start uploading when you click upload after it will take a few minutes to be processed and you can upload another the same way by the time you have uploaded the second the first will be ready to upload an image (photo jpg etc,) and keep going back thru the same process once you have uploaded all your songs on the bottom it says update settings click on that and your good to go the songs will appear on your player smile

I forgot youtube is a little differen't once you log in on the upper right is "upload" unless its been changed that takes you to the upload page and just fill in the info and agree to there terms and you can upload your videos and later you can "edit profile" on the left there you can design and feature whichever video you want or not smile

THANK YOU RUSSEL!!!  you are THE MAN!!!  big_smile

Ron

good luck and dont forget to let us know when we can hear your songs,oh one other thing when you get your songs uploaded go to "profile: and select personality here on Chordie and add your web link to myspace it will then be displayed each time you post smile