Topic: Three cheers to the guys that keep chordie alive

Having read a rant by some plonker called "obscurtwite" about wanting his rattle back, I just had to say thanks to the people who run and maintain this site. You are giving us a great resource - for no reward. There is probably a generation out there that don't remember that learning songs used to be an expensive hobby.

Unfortunately the music publishing business used to be a big earner - mainly for the publisher rather than the artist. This industry will throw it's weight around to protect that pot and sad as it may seem, sites like chordie could disappear overnight - it's a fact that we may have to face, so lets enjoy Chordie while we can.

Three cheers for Chordie ...hip ..hip ...

I am playing all the right notes - but not necessarily in the right order! [Eric Morecombe]

Re: Three cheers to the guys that keep chordie alive

HURRAY  !!!

Ron

Woot!

All You Need is Love smile

Here here!!!

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

I learned to play my Baritone Ukulele with Chordie, and I doubt I'd be as good as I am today without having used Chordie for reference to some of my favorite songs!

on behalf of me lol i thank you lol and I am sure Per and the rest of the moderators all thank you too even if they do not reply.

BUT

Sumelton, you should go calling people plonkers, we all know we will get them here as well as everywhere lese and sometimes they feel the need to splurt out their feelings whether they be right or wrong, eh Aye ok he is isnt he lol

Some people think the site should be the way they want it and to a certain extent that is nearly true as Per has previously asked opinions and what they would like to see on chordie. When he has time to do some site building he does ask members and if possible he makes it so.
It is the people that demand things or complain about things out of the control of anyone to do with the site that make themselves look like whinging parasites.
And I dont think Chordie will disapear overnight.

Cheers

ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Ken - Of course I could of meant he was plonking away on his guitar - couldn't I ? What on earth did you think I meant? tongue
Su

I am playing all the right notes - but not necessarily in the right order! [Eric Morecombe]

I couldent agree more. This is a great resource and my deepest gratitude to those guys who keep it going.. Thanks.

I recommend this site to everyone I know who loves music.  I just learned recently that my two nieces have started to learn to play the Banjo and Mandolin respectively.  And I intend to share this site with them.  I like that this site is a safe place for kids. 

Keep up the good work folks!

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

I can't tell you how many people I have recommended to this site!! I thank you all for providing it. I hope everyone does like me, and clicks on one of the sponsors and buys something, anything! It really helps.