Topic: Looking for a song.

One of my favorite blues songs was sung by Koko Taylor.  It's basic line was, "You don't mess with Mother Nature".  I don't know the exact title or who wrote.  I'm looking for the chords and lyrics.

Any info will be muchly appreciated!

Gracias

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

Re: Looking for a song.

Hey Ozy, guy.

I saw your post in the Random section and didn't follow.

Any chance of some more info for those of us who don't know and haven't heard?

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

I'm afraid I don't have any more info.  Koko Taylor just passed away at age 80 and was not the biggest name in the Blues Circuit.  I can only say that I saw her in the 70's in the Memorial Student Union building at  University of New Hampshire way back in the mid 70's.  In a room that held, at most 100 people, and there were not even that many there.  I do remember her voice was raw, powerful and BLUESY to the MAX.

And what complicates things for me is, that many a Blues song was written by people who's names are vanished or obscure.   If push comes to shove, I'll dig thru the internet and strange music shops until I find what I seek. 

And when I set my mind to find something, I'll find it!  I'm just hoping that the knowledge depth here on Chordie will get me there sooner.

Thanks for asking!

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

Here's the song Ozy - called simply enough "Mother Nature"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn88mwiRAeU

No luck with finding chords though.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

topdown wrote:

Here's the song Ozy - called simply enough "Mother Nature"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn88mwiRAeU

No luck with finding chords though.

Thanks, that puts me on the trail.   Now that I know the title, I can find the CD that will have it. 

Muchas Gracias!

Found the CD that has it and will seek and add it to my collection.  Apparently, like AC/DC's lyrics to "Highway to Hell", "Mother Nature" lyrics and chords are not easily accessible for copyright reasons.   But, thats why I take lessons, to figure it out for m'self. 

Thanks

Hey Ozymandias,
That was great, I sure do like me a good mess o blues, the lead guitarist wasn't half bad either, great job of finding that Topdown!

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

cameronkl7 wrote:

Hey Ozymandias,
That was great, I sure do like me a good mess o blues, the lead guitarist wasn't half bad either, great job of finding that Topdown!

Cam

Indeed, some genuine kick A** blues has a way of making oneself feel good.  Yeah, the guitarist was in the zone.  When you can play with the big dogs of the blues, you have got to have some serious skill. 

And on further exploration of the internet, that was NOT Koko Taylor's best rendition of the tune.  She was clearly aging in that clip, but, if you go to another link by googling, you'll get the raw, driving blues that will have you howling for more!