Topic: Chickenfoot on Tonight Show

Coming on now - may be interesting. The newest "supergroup".

Michael Anthony (bass), Sammy Hagar (vocals),
Joe Satriani (guitar), Chad Smith (drums).

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Re: Chickenfoot on Tonight Show

Grabs remote... Thanks for the heads up!

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Not bad... Wasn't his son originally going to play bass?? Seems like I remember reading that in one of my older guitar mags... Maybe that was another project he was working on several months back...

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.

Nothing special, but what can you expect from a 3 minute appearance. Kinda reminded me of Sammy solo before Van Hagar stuff (which is not a bad thing). I thought it was cool that Satriani gave Conan his guit. As I understand it, Conan is a player and collector. Pretty cool.

Yea, for a second he looked like he was considering playing it smile I didn't know he was a player and collector though.

Guitarpix wrote:

Not bad... Wasn't his son originally going to play bass?? Seems like I remember reading that in one of my older guitar mags... Maybe that was another project he was working on several months back...

I believe you're thinking of Wolfgang (Eddie's son) playing bass for the reconfigured Van Halen.

topdown wrote:
Guitarpix wrote:

I believe you're thinking of Wolfgang (Eddie's son) playing bass for the reconfigured Van Halen.

Yep! That made it click! Thanks for keeping me straight smile

^ You keep me straight on the current stuff, I'll do my best on the 60's through mid 80's. smile

Collaboration of the generations big_smile   It's a deal smile

Chad Smith?
Have the chili peppers broke up without me knowing or is he just doing a bit on the side?

Superb drummer

good line up, never saw it, I will go youtubio it

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4p9qCIi … re=related

they need a bigger stage but not bad.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

12 (edited by dfoskey 2009-06-10 19:15:06)

I read in GW magazine an interview with Chickenfoot that Chad did say the Chilli Peppers are split up with no talks of reforming. I also found that this is the first complete band that Satch has been part of. These guys are all exceptional at what they do.