Topic: what is the chord with notes F-B-C called , and can it be played on guitar?

hi Im Bruce a country music singer who writes up chord charts  for my songs for the bands I sing with , but many of the chords which are so easy and sound great on keyboard dont appear on a guitar chart at CHORDIE ? does that mean they are impossible to play ?  for example  G/F#  on guitar the F#note is played on a low string so it doesnt make the sound I want , another is B/Bb , this looks like it might be quite a handful on guitar HAHA.if I sing a Bb over a B chord I want the Bb to be played by someone in the,band to sweeten the total sound , . I am self taught in all aspects of music over the last 18 months

Re: what is the chord with notes F-B-C called , and can it be played on guitar?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking here. 

WRT the F# on the "low" string, I'm assuming you mean the E string. If your guitar is tuned in the standard maner (EADGBE) any note on the E string is the same note on the little e string.  In other words, strings 1 and 6 are tuned identically.  If you don't like the voicing of the note on the 1st string, play it on the 6th and see if you like it.

The "name" of a chord made up of F-B-C would depend on what the root note is.  Lets assume F.

F is one flat, the B.  The F major scale is

1 2 3 4  5 6 7

F G A Bb C D E

So you're playing the I and V, and a sharpened IV.  This would be some type of sustained chord.  If you were playing the Bb rather than a plain old B, it would be an Fsus4, which is really easy to play on the guitar.

-1-

-1-

-3-

-3-

-3-

-1-

Perhaps it's F/C?   Either way, it looks like it would sound odd, what with the half step between the B and the C.

Hope that helped!

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

thanks jerome for taking time to reply .yes F is the root note   of the chord and yes it looks to be a type of suspended chord .Of course F-Bb-C  is Fsus4 and that is used elsewhere in this george Strait song called WHICH SIDE OF THE GLASS  . In the song the piano plays  notes C then B then A on 3 successive beats as the guitars play F chord and I want to reproduce the sound of the B note on top of an F chord hence my question .I play it on my keyboard by playing B note in place of Bb in a Fsus4 chord  either in the same octave or with the B in an octave  up.the sound is gorgeous in this song Im a bit surprised to not find this chord( F-B-C ) on the  chord chart s  I  have looked at.have a great day Jerome , are you a rock musician?

I sent this via PM, but I figure it aught to be out there for everyone's bennefit.

Nope. Not a musician in any other sense than ameture. I have a much better grasp of music theory than I do an ability to apply it to the finger board. Smile

Anyway, fretting the chord you want isn't that hard, no matter what it's called.

Here's how I derived it.

-1- <- Here's your F

-0- <- Here's a B

-4- <-- Here's the same B

-3- <-- Here's another F

-3- <-- Here's C

-x-

A little bit of a stretch, but if I can play it, so can you. Smile

Good luck!

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]