1 (edited by zguitar 2009-06-15 04:19:22)

Topic: Sounding good???????

Hi all!!!!!

Im a newb, so how do I know if what I'm playing sounds good? I notice alot of pick on string sound, not just the strings ringing out.

Another thing, my strumming hand seems to give out sometimes. I'll miss strums or palm mutes. Any advice on that?

Hope that makes sense.

Keep rockin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Sounding good???????

It's all in practicing...

For example, today I practiced a G-B power chord riff that just repeated over and over.
It's not a song, but I want to make sure I get that "chunka-chunka" sound and my timing down perfectly before I try to apply it to a song.

Try out different patterns in your efforts to get your strumming solid. Just keep at it until it's second nature.
It will come to you in time...if you put in the time.
My strumming took almost a year to get right for playing on my acoustic.

smile
dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Re: Sounding good???????

Maybe using a softer pick will reduce the pick sound you are hearing or try playing without a pick. You can use the the fleshy part of your thumb to give a mellow tone or use your nails to make it louder and more lively.

As for missing the of palm mute or strums, more practice will make perfect or alternatively you could say that this is just your interpretation of the song and that you meant to play it that way smile.

Recording your playing/singing and listening to it afterwards is a good way of analysing what you are doing to make changes or improvements. It is also beneficial to save recordings to see how much you have improved over the months.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"