Topic: Your Guitar's Name?

Does anyone else name their Guitars? I have one electric Ibanez which I call black betty, a black acoustic maestro by gibson(my first guitar)named Charlene, and a Fender acoustic called Nicole. Yes their all women, story of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgive your enemies, but always remember their names!

Re: Your Guitar's Name?

I just call mine "guitar"

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

I actually walked into the room today (after changing her strings last night) and turned to my guitar and said (out loud!) "Hi baby!" I had to walk away shaking my head. What's wrong with me????

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

alvee33 wrote:

I actually walked into the room today (after changing her strings last night) and turned to my guitar and said (out loud!) "Hi baby!" I had to walk away shaking my head. What's wrong with me????

Nothing wrong with calling yo' baby, baby. Take care of that axe and it'll take care of you.

I played my Gibson 330 in barrooms for 24 years. I am not or will ever be a great guitar player. It was my horn playing,not my rhythm guitar playing that kept me working. This is not origonal but I named that 330 "Ralph" after a guy-not a girl, because some nights I would whip it and some nights it would whip me.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

My silverburst LP (recently sold..too heavy) was named "Reon" after Reon Kadena who I have had a crush on since 1999.

My current guitar (Squier '51) is named "Homeboy" cause that's what he is..my homeboy. I take him everywhere usually and I hang with him at lunch, at home, at church with Jesus and when I travel.

=]
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

I've never named any of mine....Well except one, My '95 S&P Pro Rosewood is named "Golden Boy".  My wife named it....

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

I called my little fender Etta after the great blues singer Etta James. It's got a real bluesy sound too.

Badeye   cool cool

one caper after another

upyerkilt wrote:

me too.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

yeah i call mine "my guitar"

"Policeman shouts but I don't see him/ They're one thing I don't believe in"
-Tomorrow, 'My White Bicycle'

My wife calls my Crafter semi-acoustic "The Other Woman" dont know why, maybe it's because I spend more time with her? and treat her better...women, cant live with them...Guitars...cant live without `em

Phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I've only ever had one named guitar, and it was my first electric bass.  When I bought it, someone had already named it.  It was all black, but had lightning bolts painted on the body in the front.  One the back, the name "Whizbang" was painted with lightning bolts above and below.  Whizbang has long since been sacrificed for parts, but I did like the name. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

My mate called my Freshman acoustic "Excalibur" which seems to have stuck. Bit grand in my opinion, but I kinda like it. Makes for a more significant moment when it's whipped out of the carry case when I'm round for a jam.

All I got, is a red guitar, three chords and the truth

upyerkilt wrote:

LOL

FENDER-GOOD BRAND,AND NICE GUITARS
   IBANEZ-EHH WELL THERE PRETTY GOOD
    well yeah guitars guitars guitars
     !NEVER PUT OF TOMORROW WHAT YOU CAN AVOID ALL TOGETHER!

i call mine rocky

FENDER-GOOD BRAND,AND NICE GUITARS
   IBANEZ-EHH WELL THERE PRETTY GOOD
    well yeah guitars guitars guitars
     !NEVER PUT OF TOMORROW WHAT YOU CAN AVOID ALL TOGETHER!

I usually call mine guitars but when i first got them i decided to name them. My first acoustic is a Jasmine by Takimine named Jasmine. My Second acoustic is a solid top Takamine i named Woody and the No brand electric is named Heavy because it is. I think they deserve to be named as a boat or ship is because they will take you on a voyage.

yeah i just call mine "guitar" too but i do talk to it lol

"In a mad world it is the mad who are sane" Craig Nicholls

I call my guitar Boston and my violin Jude...

Phil. 4:8

18 (edited by Plysdyret 2009-06-30 12:32:34)

camdener wrote:

yeah i just call mine "guitar" too but i do talk to it lol

lol!

I sometimes call mine "a precious treasure".