Topic: MusicSales UK?

Why after all this time has MusicScales UK decided to block all Beatles songs to the British,

the songs have been on the web for years.

What is to stop me from getting an American friend and have him send me the songs.

It proves on thing I've always thought, British Companys are compleat tossers.

I just want to let [Per] and all those who run Chordie know that I don't blame them in anyway.

But the fact that The Beatles were a British Group, it makes me sick that they, IE; MusicSales

UK, have done this, and if I can't get them on the net, then; MusicSales UK, will not get a

penny of me to buy the Beatles Records.  I'm a big fan of the Beatles, but haven't they made

enough money out of the group; it's just greed!

( It's like John Lennon said, Music belongs to everybody, only the Music companys think they

own it!)

From a verry angry and frustrated; Headcase!

But not at Chordie.

Luck and Health to all!!!!

Re: MusicSales UK?

totally agree with you headcase.
I do not know their reason for not wanting others to see the lyrics and chords other than they want folk to buy the expensive songbooks that are not always correct.
Here we can get different variations from folk, or easier ways to play them in a different key if needed.

yeah they are bleeping bleeping bleeps.

ken

I wonder if every site on the internet have took the beatles songs off?

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Try          lennonchords.info               in a google search. lots of tunes there.

Badeye   cool

one caper after another

Thanks upyerkilt, as I said it's just greed.  The best or worst part however you look at it; is

that I have a large Beatles Song Book sitting right beside, and as you pointed out many of the

chords are wrong, they are not in the original Key; and they have chords like dim7ths Xadd9,

chords that were never in the original song.  The one song I was hoping to get was their

Version of Norweegin Wood, I was studying it for a Scout singalong this weekend.

If you read the quote by Lennon; "I think he was proved right!"

Badeye; thanks I'll try some of the other sites on the net.

Luck and Health to all!!!

Hi upyerkilt, I took badeye's advice and tried some of the other sites on the net there are

dozens and dozens of sites, I just typed in Beatles Songs with chords on the net and got

plenty; here's one;

www.rockmagic.net/guitar.tabs/beatles/

But you should have no trouble finding sites, which makes MusicSalesUK pointless, but why

pick Chordie.  Thanks badeye!

6 (edited by Headcase 2009-06-25 15:06:50)

This is just a quickie; I thought Jacko owned all the rights to the Beatles songs.

And as I said why single out Chordie?  Perhaps (Per) or somebody at the top could answer

that for us, just curious, and why just the Brits?

Headcase -

Check your e-mail.  I sent you a little present.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I believe its for the reason that Chordie IS the largest search engine on the internet with almost a quarter million members smile

Headcase wrote:

why single out Chordie?

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Thanks Zurf, I hope you enjoy your fishing trip and get plenty of photos, but don't you dare

get that SLR wet!

I hear you Russell; but I don't have to like it, perhaps they thought Chordie members were

not only learning the songs but Chording them right, not good for the sale of books with the

wrong chords.

This is the second time I had to post about this issue.  I am an American, NOT from the U. K., yet I am blocked from looking at several Beatles tunes.   Why am I being blocked?

Don't feel alone I live in Wisconsin and I cant access them either last I checked its still part of the union smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

it's so sad that they've pulled the beatles songs, but i think you're right michael jackson bought the songs then sold them to sony....?
checked rockmagic and it looks good. well done for finding it

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.