Topic: i need tips.......

i need tips on how to learn and remeber all the chords and strings and i dont have money to take lessons can someone help me please

Re: i need tips.......

Man, there's a ton of free online lessons you can find, both video and otherwise.

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

I would look up the names of the chords you want to play and then Google image them and then just practice them over and over again until you've committed them to memory.

Guitar: Jay Turser "Statue of Liberty" guitar
I've decided to name it (drum roll please) Liberty.
I'm a noob guitarist but I have the love of a pro.
I want to learn everything I can.

4 (edited by crevs.1972 2009-07-01 10:48:26)

Hello bennienix20,

There's no quick fix I'm affriad, or at least if there is I don't know it!

The best advice you'll got on here is "practice, practice, pracice!" which is what Seersha is saying.

Set your self little goals at a time i.e. learn a 3 chord song first, then when that is sorted learn another 3 chord song by introducing a new 4th chord.  If you keep practising you'll get there.  It  reallly doesn't take long to get 6 open chords etched in your memory.

Pracitce a little everyday and you'll be at it in no time!

cheers

Edit - Justin Sandercoe's site http://www.justinguitar.com/  is the best I've ever seen.

Epiphone EJ200  -  Epiphone SG400  -  Fender Strat Blacktop.
Blackstar HT 40 Club  -  Vox VT30 - Behringer ACX ultracoustic 1000

The only thing that'll help you is repetition. Play them over and over and over and over and over...

Even just practicing chord progressions, say A D E over and over, while saying the name of the chord as you play it. There's no majic tool will help you remember other than repetition.

Once you know a few chords you will start to see similarities between different ones. You'll see the similarities with the 7th chords, the minor chords, the sus4 chords, the E shaped chords, the A shaped chords, the slight difference between major and 7th chords, and so on.  Honest! You WILL! But not without repetition and practice.

Welcome to the Chordie Forum. There are folk here who will help you a great deal. Just ask!

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

The best three things you can do are

Practice.

Practice.

and

Practice.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Amen, Jerome.  Nothing like lots of practice to hone your instrumental skills

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Listen for mistakes you make too. Practice is great and very needful but if you don't listen for what you do wrong you'll never get better.

Guitar: Jay Turser "Statue of Liberty" guitar
I've decided to name it (drum roll please) Liberty.
I'm a noob guitarist but I have the love of a pro.
I want to learn everything I can.

Bennie they're right on about practice...every day even if just a little. 

Learn several chords that show up in a few songs.  Like GCD or GAD, or Em G D C.  THen play those in several different orders.  Changing chords is the hard part, not just playing them.  So practice changes between those several chords.  It'll come together in a short time.   Much luck to you.