Topic: Humidity and fret-buzz

I got my new guitar set up a few weeks ago and it played great for week or so. I noticed last week that the A string had a buzz only when I hit it hard or played it over the sound hole...it's a parlor guitar so I play finger-style below the sound, I figured  I would not worry about the buzz because it almost never happened. I started playing tonight and found it unbearable. Now I can't play the A string at all and I noticed a slight buzz from the D and G strings as well.

Could it be the set up? It seems funny that it did not buzz when I got home and it keeps getting worse.
I have not put a humidifier in the case yet, could it be too dry?
It has been raining and humid here everyday for the past 3 weeks, could it be too humid? It lives in a case, not on an outside wall.

Thanks.

Mandolin>guitar

Re: Humidity and fret-buzz

Since it's a new guitar and was just set up a few weeks ago, I'd take it back and let them re-adjust it.
The first guitar I ever bought, after a couple weeks it started getting buzzes. I took it back, and a couple days later they gave me a new guitar.  Never was told why?? The replacement played great for 20 years!

Ron

It is not not new, just new to me, but I will bring it back to have them fix it. It's buzzing from the first fret so the nut could be too low, it just seems strange that it keeps getting worse though.

Mandolin>guitar

Since it played great for a week or so, it does seem odd that it's rapidly getting worse. Hope they can fix it for ya. smile

Ron

I thought humidifiers were only for players down in Arizona...

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'

No, I need a humidifier during the winter. The wood stove dries everything out, and when its 20 below outside I care more about being warm than having good humidity for my instruments.

Another rainy day here...the sun has only been out for a few minutes in the past two weeks, and we only had one day in the pas three weeks without any rain.

Mandolin>guitar

Fret buzz= poor outfit setup, wrong string gauge, trusit rod, fret wear

Humidity= only relevant to people whos guitars are subdue to extreme conditions

My spelling is really crap sory

It was humidity. He adjusted the truss rod for me...the neck bent back or swelled and formed a hump. I still don't blame the set up as it played fine for a while before it started to buzz.

Mandolin>guitar