Topic: Tennis Elbow (Tendonitis)

Has anyone developed Tennis Elbow from guitar playing and if your did what was your course of action. Help.

Eric

Re: Tennis Elbow (Tendonitis)

Never from guitar playing, but I have had it.

RICE.  That's the cure.  Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation.  Although elevation isn't actually necessary in this case because it's not a contusion and you don't need to worry about blood clotting with tendonitis.  RICE is the cure for most bumps, bruises, and miscellaneous owies.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Not tennis elbow , I have had that about 8 years ago wow did that hurt , but it just went away ..But I did get a bit of carpal tunnel flare up when I got a new guitar and it touched my strumming arm where the ealier one didnt and that was painful and annoying..seems to have gone now though.....

A five yr old could understand this. Somebody fetch a five yr old !
Groucho Marx

4 (edited by marcalan 2009-07-09 13:47:25)

Carpel tunnel for me as well brought on by consentrating on mandoline and working with wood.. I found acupuncture a viable cure..Maybe more than one trip

I thought ; If I had one idea,
and took it from beginning to end.
I would try another.

Hey there.
I use to roll pizza's with a rolling pin for 8 hours a day. Good pizza, crappy work. Now I wake up and I have pains shooting down my from my elbow going into my wrist. The only things I've found that works is Ibuprofen and Tiger Balm. Stinks, but it relives the pain for a little bit. Just my two sense

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat