Topic: Cleaning.

I've been using 'Fast Fret' on my (Rosewood)fretboard and noticed the last couple of times I've used it that the cloth used to wipe off any excess has been leaving little bits of fluff over my strings, frets and the board itself.

Question; Would I be better off using a different kind of cleaner? Or is it merely time to replace it? (the cleaner that is, not me geetar!lol)

Fast fret is basically white mineral oil according to the label. Is there a better alternative?

Thanks.

Craig.

Blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line.  John Lydon.

'Mod' is a shorter word for 'young, beautiful and stupid' - we've all been there." - Pete Townshend.

Re: Cleaning.

lizard spit fret board conditioner. www.lizardspit.com

Bootleger.

Thanks Bootleger.

Is this stuff OK too slap on while my guitar is still strung, or do I need to take 'em off first?

What I was looking for was a kind of 'one hit wonder' that I could use after playing. Just slap it on and wipe off kind of thing. 

Craig.

Blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line.  John Lydon.

'Mod' is a shorter word for 'young, beautiful and stupid' - we've all been there." - Pete Townshend.

I usually do it when I change my strings, on electric guitars right now once a month (I just practice, new band coming together in the summer) and I use big bend nut sauce (lube the nut)on the nut. When I'm playing once every two weeks (I have eleven electric and after alot of thought cost of building a new guitar vs buying a new one next month (Michael Kelly Patroit Q series) it will be 12).

Are you using a terry cloth towel? Try something more 'lint free'. All cleaners will leave a slight residue, and after a while the cloth will show some effect from this. I use blue shop towels( available from SAMS club for cheap) they are mostly lint free but strong enough to clean the corners and frets without falling apart.

try luthiers choice by gibson...its a string cleaner/lubricant and u can use it with the strings still attached to your guitar...and use the same company's fret board conditioner for better performance..

$aba

love is like a violin, the music may stop now and then but the strings remain forever...

what I have been doing for years and it seems to work well is using furniture polish/dust remover. lemon pledge to be exact. I use it when I change my strings. like I said works great for me

what a long strange trip it's been