Topic: Back From, Bighorn Mountain Festival.

Well we made it back from the Bighorn Mountain Festival and had a wonderful time. We took a lot of videos and didn't take too many pics and got home and to my despair the audio did not work on my vids, nothing but dead silence.So I decided to use the pics I did have and do a slide show with a song by Anne and Pete Sibley , Wayfaring Stranger .  We watched them perform this song live twice over the weekend and it is better live than the cd.
  There was a band scramble and a couple of our friends participated and won first place. I had some great vids of my friends Will and Anne but without the audio it is a shame. She is a sweetheart. I jammed alot and come through just about every song without messing up too bad or forgetting any lyrics.
   We had a pleasant surprise when a young fella about 16 yrs old stop by and wanted to jam. I told him I wasn't the greatest at bluegrass and I took off with Pink Floyd " Wish You Were Here" the reason I went this direction was his tye dyed Pink Floyd T-shirt. We were all over that one and I went to Hotel California and he just about ripped the neck off his git. Then I started playin Muddy Waters
"Got my Mojo Workin"  and holy crap the kid went nuts , he went in to a blues song I didnt know but I tried like heck to keep up.He finished up and said he had to move on and Liz and Shelly and I looked at each other with our mouths open wondring if it was real. THen the neighbors all come over and said holy crap was that awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_bAX2PAR-s

Later, Wayne P

Re: Back From, Bighorn Mountain Festival.

That looked like a good time. i loved that song. Im trying to find it now so I can learn it

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Yes it's a nice song to play on acoustic Pete Plays it all alone and does a great job, there are several versions of the song here on chordie.

Later, Wayne P

Thanks Wayne for the look see it looks like everyone really enjoyed themselves to bad about the sound but the slide show was excellent and depicted the spirit of the event and friendship smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Yeh, Russ I was so bummed out about the audio on my vid camera, but it was such a wonderful weekend. Things couldn't have been much better, including the weather was just beautiful all weekend and the entertainment was topnotch. I am dragging tail today too much fun for this old guy I guess. Now I have to start practicing up for next year!

Later, Wayne P

I like it.....looks a great time. Nice one!

All I got, is a red guitar, three chords and the truth

7 (edited by duxrus 2009-07-14 21:52:10)

That looked like lots of fun going to search net for more info on Bighorn Mountain Festival.....thanks for shareing

don't smoke weed with Willie

Perhaps the audio did record on your vids but the codecs on your computer aren't updated to decode the audio stream in the video?

K-Lite codec pack?

Just shooting at the moon....

=]
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Thanks,  But I think it is in the camera It has an external mic input and that works ok with a mic plugged in. When I unplug the mic it will not switch back to the internal mic.

Later, Wayne P

Ah okay, I understand.
That's unfortunate. However, there may be a solution...

The external mic port on your camera, is it a 3.5mm headphone/mic input?
If it is, you can get a small-form-factor piezo mic from radio shack and wire it (red to red, black to black) to one of those right-angle 3.5mm plugs and mount it to your camera permanently.

Those little mics are VERY sensitive and capture good audio from a distance. If there is noise like wind blowing on it or anything you can cover it in a little foam and it will reduce the noise pickup.

=]
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle