Topic: Well, I listened...

...and this is the result of your tutelage.
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7825716

I would like to thank you all for influencing and guiding me in the right direction. Along with my new Fender Princeton 650 amp, everyone much preferred the style that I played in this past sunday as it left room for the singers and the keyboard player.

Your advice has been golden.

=]
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Re: Well, I listened...

Hi Detman101, I listened to the song and thought the guitar really "sat well" in the song. From your post, I assume the guitar is what your looking for comment on. I've not heard your other recordings that were commented on, so I don't have anything to compare it with. The volume was good and the guitar sounded clear and smooth....good job. If you'd like to get an even better recording, you could record individual tracks so you can control volumes, add fx's, edit parts that you don't like, etc... plus it's easy, cheap, and fun to do. Russell Harding has a tutorial that will guide you through the entire process in the "recording forum" here on chordie, also there are several of us chordians that have messed around with track recording and would be glad to help in any way.

"I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did." Yogi Berra
"It's like deja vu all over again." Yogi Berra
and my personal favorite Yogi Berra quote: "Ninety percent of this game is half mental."

Awesome! Thank you!
Yes, this recording went much better compared to the way I used to play while in church.
My amp had a lot to do with balancing things out too. It can plug directly into the sound board!

=]
Dm

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Hey Detman.
That sounded great. Way more balanced. I think you sounded more sure of your self. I love the sound of your guitar. Great job to all of you. Is it hard playing in a choir with all those people? Seems like it would be hard not to step on anyone's toes.
Selso

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

selso wrote:

Hey Detman.
That sounded great. Way more balanced. I think you sounded more sure of your self. I love the sound of your guitar. Great job to all of you. Is it hard playing in a choir with all those people? Seems like it would be hard not to step on anyone's toes.
Selso

Thank you! I have finally found the right amp to go with my Squier '51. It's a Fender Princeton 650 and it sounds sooooo perfect with my '51.

Well, I will say that it has been very hard getting used to everyone in the choir. Some people have a propensity for singing constantly thru the whole song...just as much as I was playing guitar while the lead singer was singing.

I think that we are all getting used to each other, but with me doing my part correctly it makes it easier on everyone.

=]
Dm

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Huge improvement, I know at times a guy would like to take off and shred the neck, but phrasing is a big thing in lead playing.

Good Job!

Later, Wayne P

Agreed, it's hard to fall in line and do the right thing and play in your pocket.
But it makes the end product soooo much sweeter.

=]
Dm

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle