Topic: Need recommendation for good padded acoustic gig bag.

Picked up a $20 cheapie acoustic gig bag but the pockets are too small and there's no padding. Anyone found a good one (link appreciated) that will hold a Dreadnaught? I'd like a pocket on it that can hold a 3-ring Binder as well. Thanks! - Shane

2 (edited by Detman101 2009-07-21 13:38:38)

Re: Need recommendation for good padded acoustic gig bag.

I have a "Road Runner" acoustic gig bag. It has pockets for pedals and cables, papers and books and it has straps for carrying it on your back as well as carry handles.

I got mine for free when I bought my bass from the pawn shop. They advertised the bass as coming with a case but they didn't really have one. So I twisted their arm til they gave me a case. As it was a shortscale bass they put it in an acoustic case and I walked out happy.

When I got home, the bass got put in the closet and my acoustic got put in the new case.

Edit: Found it: http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/ … sku=550012
big_smile
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/ … sku=541771
I have the old version of that one and love it.  The only problem I had with mine is one of the zippers came off, but it stays on and works fine as long as you are careful.  The thing I don't like about the new one is that it doesn't have the little zip-off backpack on the front.

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

Perfect!! Thanks! Just ordered it. - Shane

sshields wrote:

Perfect!! Thanks! Just ordered it. - Shane

Haha I'm assuming you mean the one Detman suggested....hope the case works for you man!

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

Got it in. Love it!!!!!! The front pocket holds my 3ring songs binder perfectly. Thx!