Topic: acoustic amp

I am looking for an acoustic amp and Im fairly settled on the Marshal AS 50 D which sells at £217 here in the Uk.

Has anyone experience of this amp (or its forerunner the AS50R ) or any advice about other comparable acoustic amps ?

Re: acoustic amp

I use the as50d and find it a pretty good amp , I play an Ovation and a Freshman acoustic through it and it produces very clean sounds. It also has reverb and chorus functions I also run a mic through it for vocals using the xlr jack.

This is a great little amp. I liked it so much I bought two of 'em. I play out 6 nights a week and I use my Marshall set-up probably 90% of the time. I set 'em up to my left and right approximately 6 feet behind me. I use a Mackie unpowered mixer and chain the Marshalls together from the mixer. For the money they're as good as anything available, in my opinion.

Give everything but up.

+1 to the above comments! I also use the marshall AS50D and am very happy with it for my acoustics and mics. -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

You'll love it!

Many thanks for your comments guys, the marshal it is then. I will let you know how it sounds when I get it.

Just before I do splash out........... I was having a chat with a guy at a local guitar shop who owned the Marshal AS100D who said that this was much much better than the 50 (although quite a bit heavier). Does anyone have experience of hearing both. I havnt been able to find a shop with both to do a comparison.

Just before I do splash out........... I was having a chat with a guy at a local guitar shop who owned the Marshal AS100D who said that this was much much better than the 50 (although quite a bit heavier). Does anyone have experience of hearing both. I havnt been able to find a shop with both to do a comparison.