1 (edited by charlotte 2009-07-26 13:31:19)

Topic: Who's nicked my string.

As it was raining this morning I decided to change the strings on my 12 string. I tend to stock up on strings when I visit Florida as the price is a lot better than the UK.

The first set, D'Addario J35 had one string missing so I thought I would just use them for spares. The second set D'Addario EXP38 had two rusty strings. Both were bought in October last year. I have emailed D'Addario with a complaint and will be rather interested to see what they say. It's around 4000 miles to take them back, I wonder if they will pay.

Update.
Thank you for your question/comment. We appreciate your taking the time to contact us. Your e-mail is currently being forwarded to the proper person in our organization best suited to address it. We will do our very best to reply within 48 hours.

Thank you!

D'Addario & Company, Inc.

At least their web site has not gone rusty.

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

Re: Who's nicked my string.

It sounds like you have problems with strings indeed, Charlotte.  I have never had any of these problems and I have had strings in their package for a few years in some cases.  But, then I live in a dry climate.  I am sure the company will weigh all the variables, how did you store them and where?  Is it humid there, as I'm sure it is.  Anyway, hopefully they will send you a new set or two.  Good luck

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

bensonp wrote:

It sounds like you have problems with strings indeed, Charlotte.  I have never had any of these problems and I have had strings in their package for a few years in some cases.  But, then I live in a dry climate.  I am sure the company will weigh all the variables, how did you store them and where?  Is it humid there, as I'm sure it is.  Anyway, hopefully they will send you a new set or two.  Good luck

Just kept them in a drawer in the living room, dry and warm all the time. No real reason for them to go rusty but I wonder how long they were in the shop. Bought them from Georges Music in Orlando.

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

I bough a bulk pack of Martin Marquee strings about 2 years ago and the b string was 4 inches short in every pack. I wrote to the company and got 2 bundles (1 replacement and 1 free) from them with an apology.
   I live by the coast so if I stored my strings for too long they'd start to rust as well. I've since started wrapping them really well with shrink/plastic wrap to keep moisture out and haven't had any more problems. I'm always sure to do this after a dry spell so I don't lock moisture in with them...
  I expect the company will step up and replace the problem sets for you. That seems to be the norm from the similar stories I've heard. Your rust problem probably stems from the dealer (Orlando's humidity) since you stay in a drier climate. It doesn't take long in that salty/humid air. -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

From the first minute I read your post I knew something was bad.

Florida = humid, muggy and salty...Guitar strings WORST enemy!!!

I would recommend not buying from that state again.

=p
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle