Topic: Ping! Ping! Ping! Ricochet Rabbit!!!

OK, so my kitchen is partially demolished and partially remodeled, with more demolition on the way today.  So, I didn't take the time to brew a pot of coffee as is my normal habit.  I microwaved a cup that was left-over from yesterday and had that mugful.  Well, I usually drink two or three mugfuls of coffee (down from 16 or so after a visit to the cardiac unit a few years ago).  Suffice to say, it's a good thing for everyone involved for me to have my daily dose of caffeine. 

So, here I was without fresh coffee, and without much of a kitchen to brew it in.  A few months ago, a friend gave us a four pack of Monster Mixxd energy drink.  I looked at the lable and sure enough a healthy dose of caffeine is in there.  So I cracked the first one I've ever had. 

Holy moley!!!  I think I'll stick with coffee, thank you very much.  WIRED!!! 

Does that officially make me an old fart?  Or would that be the gray hair and the lines around my eyes (we're just sticking with 'around my eyes' for right now - this is the internet and there's no need to insert reality now). 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Ping! Ping! Ping! Ricochet Rabbit!!!

I feel your pain. I too cannot drink caffiene in excess anymore. Used to be an addict now just too old. Still need a cup ot 2 but that's it. Careful with that energy drink...don't get on a skateboard or anything young like that!!!

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

One cup for me in the morn. I tried one of those energy drinks and the old heart started to race, stick with my one cup..

Badeye  cool

one caper after another

I drink a pot of coffee every morning.  Usually stop by noon.  I used to drink it all day, even until I went to bed.  Old age has stopped that.  But, gotta have my coffee in the morning.  No ifs and or buts.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I too am a coffee man got to have a few mugs to get my brain moving I make a pot but I dont drink it all in one day usually I like yesterdays coffee and I think food just taste better with coffee they seem to give flavor to each other never tried an energy drink and after reading these testamonials I dont think I will smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I was never really a coffee drinker anyway but about 10 years ago I quite all caffinated and all carbonated drinks.  No alcohol either... For me it's just green tea or fruit juices. I've felt much better since then!

Now my wife.... Let's just say that she better have her coffee!! It's not pleasant at all if something interferes with her morning brew sad

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

I overslept last night after a serious crash.  Wide awake one moment, sound asleep the next.  I dug out the coffee pot this morning and am having a fresh brewed cup of heaven right now. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude