Topic: COMPOSING OR WRITING A SONG

Which instrument is used most to write a song, even heavy metal or Techno songs are composed with or
1) A GUITAR?
2) A PIANO ?
3) INSIDE YOUR HEAD AND if you are good in writing music, you write that song OR sing it on tape recorder?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: COMPOSING OR WRITING A SONG

I guess it depends what you're comfortable on. I use a guitar but I guess if I were a decent keyboardist I'd probably gravitate towards that. I'm not sure about in the head thing though.....doesn't work that way for anyone I know but I'm not privy to hanging out with prodigies either!!!

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

hi leiven,

there are so many ways that i write, i cant say i write one way more than another.

for example; i was laying in bed this morning when i had the first spark of a new song, i imagined how the intro would sound using Bb-F-Gm-Bb, in an eagles acoustic rhythm. i had no words at this time.

a couple of hours later, after breakfast, cleaning down the wall tiles in the kitchen and hoovering up, i retired to my studio [the front room] and began strumming the chords, which soon developed into some words, then i took it up a full tone to make it easier to sing, and once i finish here, i shall record the song.

i have also written songs on the piano, and once on the bass guitar!

no depends my friend

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Dear colluege Phil, I WISH I COULD DO IT YOUR WAY.
WHY?
- I know most of the chords, but to write a song I use my guitar.
See addendum

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]