Topic: Audacity Recording,

Good Morning Russ,

I was messin around after returning from Sturgis and put my mind to getting a recording using Audacity. My mic input will not work so I just used the built in mic in my laptop, I know it's not great but I wanted to go through the process for future reference and I also wanted to see if I could do it.
I didn't use any music or lyrics, just went with what come out. I didn't use any effects, I did the guitar and vocals on the first track and added a second track of some strumming, pickin and also played the riff along with the first guitar and kinda gave it a reverb echo during some of it. If you have 3 minutes to spare here is a link to youtube. I don't have a image hosting sight so I did it this way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ciL-DXCvsw

Later, Wayne P

Re: Audacity Recording,

Oh one more thing, A HUGE THANKS TO RUSS!   for his help and guidance whenever I have needed it.

Later, Wayne P

Wayne bravo! nice mix on the recording and I thought the song had a good feel the vocal surprisingly came thru without a external mic this is a really good start for you congratulations! smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Thanks Russ,  I think I will have to take my computer to an expert to get the mic input fixed. I have checked all the settings and it appears to be some kind of failure with the input.

Later, Wayne P

did you enable the mic playthru on audacity? if not then no sound will come thru you have to open audacity and click edit scroll down to preferences and click the last one a audio settings will appear make sure the first box is checked and say ok then on the audacity screen on the right by the little microphone is a tab click on that and a screen will drop down click monitor input and if your mic input is working it should register if you speak smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"