Re: Learning Acoustic Guitar - Warning - The Reality!

Hi Steven.  You mentioned you wanted to play songs by John Denver and Paradise by John Prine.  There are no barre chords in paradise, when played properly.  There are also no barres in Country Roads by John Denver,  I Will help you find the chords for paradise if you want, the ones on here are usually wrong.  Hope that helps, peace.

DJ Cormier
[url=http://www.bigdjindustriez.tk]www.bigdjindustriez.tk[/url]
myspace.com/bigdjindustriez

I've noticed a lot of the chords are wrong on Chordie, as well, but I keep on plugging through til I find what I need.  I've been playing electric guitar on and off for about 20 years, but have just recently begun with acoustic, and it's like starting over again! lol  I recently bought me a guitar from the Esteban info-mercial, and I have to say I'm impressed with it.  Good sound, good playability, overall a great value for the money spent.  BTW, I had never heard Esteban play, and figured he was just a self-created guy for the infomercials, but on his DVD's he has some videos of him playing, and the guy is absolutely awesome!

Anyway, just wanted to let the new guys and gals know that even those of us who have been playing a lot longer run into plateaus and pitfalls from time to time, too.  Keep playing, and don't be afraid to ask questions.  Most guitarists I've met love to meet other guitarists and swap links and knowledge. Good luck to all!

I agree, much frustration. BUT dont forget the possibility of getting fired from your job because countless nights you play after your kids go to bed and you dont hit the sack until 2am! Kids and guitar are the two most satisfing activities in my life. That is either a testimonial for the guitar or a confession that my life is lame!

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText"><b>tj49009 wrote on Mon, 02 April 2007 22&#58;34</b></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">
Kids and guitar are the two most satisfing activities in my life. That is either a testimonial for the guitar or a confession that my life is lame!
</td></tr></table>

I have 3 kids and I started playing guitar as displacement activity after I retired from doing motorcycle road racing, at which I won 4 championships in my time. Guitar is better. Kids goes without saying, the little monkeys!

Denzil