1 (edited by SouthPaw41L 2009-08-11 02:04:29)

Topic: New "Catch Phrase That Must Die"

No offense to those of you out there who use this but please help this poster and others who are driven completely insane from this one. What is this one you may ask; drum roll please..... it pains my brain and intensly agonizes my my fingers and brain to even type this sickening, overused catch phrase. The latest vocal vomit that we all must join forces and put a quick and painless end to is;

" MY FRIEND".  ( arrrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!)

Too much, too much!!!! I'm hearing this catch phrase from judges to soon-to-be-sentenced- lifers, from Rush Limbaugh to Bill Maher, from Yankee fans to Red Sox fans, ENOUGH!!!!!!! STOP this "MY FRIEND" crud. Please I beg of you. ( sobbing with head down towards ground in total and complete frustration) It has been noted and documented right here, right now. ( August 10, 2009 on Chordie).
Please humans, a little creativity with the catch phrases OK?

It is what it is, ( dead)
Ya' know what I'm sayin'?, ( tired)
Fo' real? ( way tired)
You down wit' the 411? ( buried and rarely uncovered)
You know what? ( still alive, but barely)
At the end of the day. ( I'm gonna hurt someone for this one of these days

Better yet folks, just say what is within' our own minds and let us please not be robotic clones of others who choose to robitic clones of others.

OK, phew!!! I feel much better. I guess I'm dealin' with the public way too much. Thanks for allowing me to vent. Once again, sorry if I've offended anyone out there. I just had to get it off of my chest. I tried talking to my wife about my issues but she replied, " You know what, my friend, at the end of the day, it is what it is, ya know what I'm sayin'?"

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

Re: New "Catch Phrase That Must Die"

That's what's up smile

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Hi southpaw,I think I know what you are saying and I get really tired of hearing those phrases myself,so vent away!!! it will help your mental state.!!       dino

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Lol, that was funny! Catch phrases are funny. smile I usually don't take them too seriously!

lol the one i hate is bare with me

"In a mad world it is the mad who are sane" Craig Nicholls

Relax my friend, it will all come out in the wash. Hope that didn't put you over the edge.

Badeye  cool

one caper after another

ye know which one irates me a lot, when people say 
" well basically"

if i was discussing something "then obviously" it was not basic   
"then obviously" another one i just used that i hate to hear

or
" you know what I hate"

lets all just stop talking

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Absolutely .my friend .

You must be kiddin, in the real world, Amigo I haven't heard a lot of people talk that way, you know what I mean. I like ah come from Nort Dakoata and yoose hear alot of Uff Dah's and yah shore's  up dare. I guess we was too close to Minnysoata!

Later, Wayne P

Here, in New Mexico, every one says" Just another day in Paradise". What ? is every one a Phil Collins fan? Or when some one is late or doesn't show up they say " It's the land of Manana" Manana being tomorrow in Spanish. That's just a few of them.
Selso

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Yeash, yeah, far out man.  That's groovy

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Whatever

I'm the son of rage and love

Hug a root

Give everything but up.

Give a hoot

Badeye cool

one caper after another

hi toney,

i appreciate your pique, and i know i am guilty of using this "catch phrase" my self quite a lot.
the reason for this is that i feel i have made a lot of friends here on chordie, and so i dont use the phrase when i dont actually feel friends with someone. i hope you understand this?

i agree with most of the others you mention, some are words that have been corrupted to make a "slang" metaphor. this usually stems from people just being too lazy to speak properly, and others then copying as if it's a new trend, which is one of my "pet hates"

so in future, i'll try and limit my expression of friendship to the bare minimum.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

May I add a few?     !.    So you'll know
                             2.    With that being said
                             3.   They finally have some closure

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

I can't stand the saying " Dats what i'm talkin bout" and "Know what i mean" because most of the time it has nothing to do with the conversation.

As much as I respect John McCain, he brought the "My Friend" plague to us.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

"well basically" is a phrase many people  over use to begin an explanation it reeks of arrogance and assumes a higher understanding and belittles whoever is being addressed smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

camdener wrote:

lol the one i hate is bare with me

I love it..  lol
Brings a whole new meaning to that one "Bear with me"
Don't take offence camdener just thought it was funny....
ark

"It's all good" is an expression used to sum things up that means nothing.
So easily refuted, it is a mystery why so many say it.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

"Peace out" seems to be all the rage amongst the 10 year old set.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I was in hospital recently and the nurse called me 'young lady'

How I cringed! I'm 28... Too young to take that as a compliment, too old to not feel patronised! I understand where you are coming from! xxx

“Baby Daddy"  – The legitimization of illegitimate parenthood is disgusting

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Sup!!!

Apparently that is short for whats up which can be real annoying in itself.

What's up with that? lol

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)