Topic: One HITWONDERS

You can find lists on the web, I think on www.webfitz.com and search for oldies.
I was almost "petrified" to see names, BIG names in the 1 hitwonders.
Like Sinned 'O Connor, and in fact what hit did she have after "nothing compares". She was still very busy. Sinned has one of the most beautiful voices I ever heard.
A lot of us remember the MACARENA, performed by who? You will find the answers there.
Answers: OK, but why?
I hope to find some answers here. Making a list is absurd, because there are probably 1000 artists.
But I love to share your opinion. You know where to go, where to look, and being so amazed that your eyes will pup out.
________________________________________________________________________________

GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: IS IT A ONE HIT WONDER OR A WONDER TO HAVE ONE HIT

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: One HITWONDERS

The more I read this topic, the weirder he is.
I bought on Amazon.com, Norman Greenbaum's CD. SPIRITS IN THE SKY and a lot of other songs.
The CD was for 90% "folk" with in fact 1 big electric guitar number: spirits in the sky.
Sometimes, I go on that website and order a CD. They have albums you don't find here at all.
Maybe I should open a store, were you can just order.
There is a difference in price for the same album in UK & US: USA transport included is cheaper.
Another "smash hit" was "Where do you go to my lovely" by Peter Sarstedt from the UK.
Zager and Evans: what did they do after "in the year 2525".
That is what I mean with 1 hit wonders

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Aldo Nova-Fantasy
Carl Douglasa-Kung Foo Fighting
Frankie Goes To Hollywood-Relax
Flock Of Seagulls-I Ran
Gary Wright-Dream Weaver
Psychedellic Furs-Love My Way
Right Said Fred-I'm Too Sexy
John Cafferty and The Beaver Brown Band-On The Dark Side
Carl Carlton-She's A Bad Mamma Jamma

Ahhhhhh...........sweet memories!!!!!!!!!

Give everything but up.

All along the watchtower-Jimi Hendrix. There is another one I like but i forgot.

tongue:P:P:P:P

GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: IS IT A ONE HIT WONDER OR A WONDER TO HAVE ONE HIT

liked that - made me "wonder" lol

"In a mad world it is the mad who are sane" Craig Nicholls

Zager and Evans? In The Year 2525
  I don't remember the year , but it was maybe a year or two after that song was released, but not too sure. Those years where a little foggy. A friend and I were on our way to a fishing trip and spotted a sign which read something like "one night only, Zager and Evans In The Year 2525".  We stopped, bought a ticket. The first song they did was 2525, it was ok, not quite like the recording, a little sloppy. The next few songs kept going down hill. Maybe we expected to much, I just don't know, but we left after about one hour. Even though we expected more,still had a good time, the beer might have had something to do with that! The next day we had tight lines, as the steelhead were biting well. Never heard of them after that.

Ron