Topic: Fender Amp - Crackle - Anyone Have Cleaning tips?

I just picked up an older Fender Performer 650 - there seems to be some crackle on the overdrive channel, and a little less so on the clean.

does anyone have experience with this and cleaning tips?

Also the input jack is a little dodgy - if anyone knows the part number and how to swap it out that would be appreciated.

Now I work down at the car wash where all it ever does is rain.

'99 Gibson Les Paul Special DC, '99 Epiphone Dot, '06 Norman B50, '03 Yamaha FG-433S, Fender Performer 650

Re: Fender Amp - Crackle - Anyone Have Cleaning tips?

Q-tips and electronic-safe silicone spray. Use these first. If it doesn't work then seek further assistance via experts in electronics. And BE CAREFUL! Shocks can kill!!!!!

Give everything but up.

For the crackle try this, as provided to me by my guitar teacher......plug in your guitar but turn down the volume completely...then turn the volume/master on your amp all the way up and down, quickly a few times.....sometimes it's just dust/pet hair etc or a static build up that needs to be cleaned out.  I had the same problem on an amp and this fixed it!

That's All Non-Violence is
--- Organized Love---
        Joan Baez

Thanks for the responses - I got all prepared - and it ended up being a loose speaker connector - cleaned what I could anyway just for good measure.  The amp is back sounding great! Thanks Southpaw and RavenLady!

Now I work down at the car wash where all it ever does is rain.

'99 Gibson Les Paul Special DC, '99 Epiphone Dot, '06 Norman B50, '03 Yamaha FG-433S, Fender Performer 650

Hi  ckphoto,glad too hear you got it fixed. I have had that problem in the past,I have always cleared it up by using a pencil ereaser,it works well on the amp and also on the cord you plug into the guitar and amp.    dino48

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Awesome, glad it's all in tip top shape now. 

Cheers!

That's All Non-Violence is
--- Organized Love---
        Joan Baez