Topic: My new guitar

well, after weeks of shall I, shant I, I did!

Just been to my local guitar store and walked out with a lovely bling Epiphone EJ-200!

I think I was finally starting to outgrow my £60 Hudson so I decided to get something to suit my progression.

I played a few guitars in the store, 2 were Hudsons which I seemed to play really well, I guess thats because they had a very similar set up to my old one, they sounded much richer and better tho!

He then pulled out the Epiphone and I made up my mind before I even played it, it's stunning,very Country and Western and I think what an acoustic should look like.  It initially appeared a little harder to play I guess because it was a totally different guitar/set up.  However when I played you could hear the rich, smooth, deep tones coming out, it's huge aswell so it's so much louder that my old one which again should suit me as I'm not very heavy on the strumming!

Anyone had any experiences of these guitars, I read up about them before I purchased and they seem pretty well regarded.

Epiphone EJ200  -  Epiphone SG400  -  Fender Strat Blacktop.
Blackstar HT 40 Club  -  Vox VT30 - Behringer ACX ultracoustic 1000

Re: My new guitar

Congrats Crevs - Happy New Guitar Day!

Pictures are REQUIRED! smile

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

3 (edited by wlbaye 2009-08-20 13:10:26)

Good for you Crevs, I played a Gibson J-200 and loved it , but I can't have every guitar I like. Have fun !

Natural or Sunburst ?

Later, Wayne P

Oooooo nice guitar. My dream would be the Gibson j-200 and I think the EJ is very like it. As my mother says - if you're happy, I'm delighted. As long as it's well set up you should get on like a house on fire. Let's hear it on the Tube!

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Nice guitar.   Congratulations. 

My sister has had an Epiphone dreadnaught for going on 30 years.  It has held up well and still sounds sweet.  That's a lifetime guitar if you want it to be.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Congrats! I have a friend on youtube that bought one last year and he really loves it. It sure has a nice sound in the vids he's posted with it. I have a 1974 Epiphone FT570SB Sheraton It's a jumbo also and a fine guitar that has held up wonderfully. -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Congrats...HNGD...Happy New Guitar Day

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Cheers, I've got it home and I have to say, my smile just gets wider and wider!  The more I play the more sounds and tones I can hear. It took about 20 mins to get used to but it feels like I've been playing it for ages. It just seems tighter, richer, deeper, heavier...than my old one!

Very, very happy (typed with a smile!)

I find that most things are usually nicer when you get them home for some reason.  I'm glad you're happy.  Play on and enjoy

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I recently got an epiphone EJ300....and just love it

don't smoke weed with Willie

Man don't ya just love that day when you get a new guitar.   I remember each one like it was yesterday.  Not that I have a lot, but each of them was really exciting.  Seems it's like that for everyone.

It was 50/50 whether I pulled a day's leave today to stay at home and play it all day but 'er in doors put her foot down, you see she works from home and she didn't want me "twanging" all day in her earshot! 

"Twanging", she must be deaf!

Crevs does it have the nano  flex and nano mag pickups on it or does it just have the regular shdow pickup? I think some of these do but it's hard to find those in the guitar shops. Congrats on your new toy enjoy. I know i will as soon as i get mine. smile

Hello dfoskey,
It's not electric/acoustic, just acoustic.
Cheers
Crevs

hey crevs its the one my heart is set on!!!!!i cant wait!  which did yer buy? nat or the sunburst ?

cheers micky

cool Dont Stop Kid Keep Rockin'  !! cool

Natural, I didn't even see the sunburst, I was in leeeerve!

I've made a few adjustments to get the action down, I'm a bench joiner and cabinet maker by trade so I now how to adjust timber.  It's now even better!

I have an Epiphone EJ-160-E John Lennon model and it sounds and plays just as good or even better than guitars costing hundreds more and it was only $575 Cdn.Epiphone can hold its own against any maker as far as I'm concerned, that's why I have 5 and there may be more in the future.

guitslinger wrote:

I have an Epiphone EJ-160-E John Lennon model and it sounds and plays just as good or even better than guitars costing hundreds more and it was only $575 Cdn.Epiphone can hold its own against any maker as far as I'm concerned, that's why I have 5 and there may be more in the future.