Re: Picks Around the World

Thats correct Topdown, waiting patiently. Will post on arrival.

Badeye   cool

one caper after another

Ok Badeye, the picks are on the way to you, I got your email confirming the question I had about you address, sorry for the little delay in getting them sent out about the address, and then I had a family emercency that keep me from mailing it yesterday, but they are now on the way to you. The Lady at the post office said it could take 5 to 10 days to arrive to you, but they'll be there!

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Thanks CameronK.   This is too cool eh.

Badeye   cool

one caper after another

I told a good friend of mine I jam with about the picks, He wants to add a few picks he has which is cool.  still watching mail box  all is good.

badeye cool

one caper after another

Just recieved the package, next one to E-Mail gets it..

Badeye   cool

one caper after another

Wow that was quick,   Nela in West Monroe L A gets it next.  Off to the post office,

Badeye    cool

one caper after another

Hey Badeye, glad you finally got it, I know you were excited about this as I was, enjoy!

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Thank you CameronK,  the picks were cool. I kept one and added three.

the journey continues.... Badeye     cool

one caper after another

Cool! - Map updated. NELA - Let me know if it's in the correct place and if there is any info about your town you'd like me to add.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&am … =h&z=4

Badeye - I hope you're battening down the hatches. Looks like Hurricane Bill is heading your way!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Hopefull that Bill heads out to sea,  My garden could take a hit as things are bloomong nicley.

Well the picks made it all along the eastern seaboard of our two fine countries. Be interesting
to see where Nela sends them.  Topdown you had one great idea there.

have a good one     , Badeye       TOO cool

one caper after another

Package mailed and on it's way to Nela.

Badeye..

one caper after another

Haven't received anything yet but I'm checking the mailbox 3 or 2 times a day. Who's Next?

Nela

This is a very cool project. big_smile

Count me in where I can get in.

KAP

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

KAP54, as I understand the workings of this project all you gotta do is be the 1st person who e-mails me their address, along with a certified check for $1,000,000.00 dollars and you will be next in line. You better hurry as I know everyone is out getting their checks ready to go out as I'ma typing this.

Hmmmmm, whats the conversion rate for US $$$$'s to Canadian $$$"s?

Nela

Just received an e-mail from KAP54 and he will be next in line, after me, to receive the picks. It appears that he is a very wealth man as he had absolulty no problem in writing the check although he did say something about me having some difficulty in cashing it.

Nela

Just a follow up on my Email...I am expecting to have my stove fixed by early October as it gets pretty cold up here in the winter. I hope to have your rubber check cured by then.

But I make no promises. lol

KAP

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

KAP - I sent an invite to your gmail account. You should be able to add / modify the map if you wish. Here it is so far:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3448/3849103427_04f19e5717_o.jpg

Perhaps Kenny fancies a mailing to Portugal?

A cracking idea of yours Jeff.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

44 (edited by KAP54 2009-08-24 20:45:37)

I got your Email Roger big_smile , you should be able to pick up your pack of picks in the Portugal post before the pile of picks progresses past the point of procrastination..... roll

Money Well Spent

It's late here Roger...WOW... I'll Email you on Monday fer more info.

tanks a ton topdown. I have a good look at it in the AM. Holidays Over...Damn...Damn...Damn.!!!

KAP

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

hello everone,I did not know this was going on,it is a really great idea. I can not participate as I do not use picks(just my long fingernails). Have fun!!!       dino48

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

i'd like to be part of this wherever you guys can fit me in - it's such a cool idea!

"In a mad world it is the mad who are sane" Craig Nicholls

Hi camdener, just keep an eye on the thread to see who has it, then Email them right away. It's a first come first serve...so be quick smile
KAP

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

This is great guys!  I'm so excited about the prospect of having it mailed to me, seeing what's in there, adding some and then who gets it next!  Ohhhh....I'll be keeping and eye on this thread!  Cheers everyone!  "it's a small world after all!".  :-D

That's All Non-Violence is
--- Organized Love---
        Joan Baez

I'm really glad this idea is getting such a great response. Before I posted, I was a bit worried folks would find it kinda dorky. smile

But... As the internet is obviously much quicker than the postal service, we are getting well ahead of the package. I believe we are in route to NELA in Louisiana, then to KAP in Canada and from there to Roger in Portugal. (Cool - first trip across the pond!) That's great, but I fear this idea/ thread may get buried and forgotten before the package ever arrives. sad

So, how do we keep the thread current with the package? I would like to ask that after Roger, we stick to the original proposal. No more "jumping in line". Is that fair? How about instead of email (or in conjunction to) the person to receive it would post that info (i.e. "Package Received") and the next member to post to the thread gets it. Seems fair to me.

Another thought - It might be cool to see some photos of the picks as it makes it's travels. I would be interested in seeing what was taken and added as it makes it's journey. I should have done that from the start.

Thanks again folks. This is turning out to be quite interesting.

Good idea topdown, the first person to post after "package received" should be next but not until "package received" is posted by the recipient.
Pick pics would be cool to. I would imagine they vary somewhat.
This means you still have to watch closely to participate, keeping the thread going. big_smile

KAP

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)